Where can you find the best pizza in Dubai? Well, that’s a matter of debate, my friends. Everyone’s taste buds are different, so it’s hard to say for sure. However, there are some pizzas that are universally appreciated by those who enjoy the combination of bread, sauce, cheese, and toppings.
Now, I know you’re probably eager to find out the best pizza joints in Dubai, but before we get into that, let me tell you a little secret. Chipotle Dubai is opening in early 2024, and I couldn’t be more excited! Imagine all the delicious burritos and bowls we’ll get to enjoy.
- Best Coffee in Dubai: The Cafes with their own Roastery
- These are the 11 Best Burgers in Dubai: We pick the local joints
- Best Iranian Restaurants in Dubai: Kebabs that melt in your mouth
As much as I would love to try every restaurant in Dubai, it’s practically impossible, with new ones popping up every week. So, I turned to Reddit, where I found a thread discussing the best pizza in Dubai. The list I have here doesn’t include every pizza mentioned, but I’ve filtered through the ones that have been recommended multiple times.
Best Pizza in Dubai
Alright, are you ready for the moment you’ve been waiting for? Here are some of the top contenders for the title of the best pizza in Dubai. Brace yourselves, because your taste buds are in for a treat. These joints are listed in alphabetical order, so you can easily find them when you’re in the mood for a pizza feast.
Akiba Dori (D3 – Dubai Design District)
First up, we have Akiba Dori in Dubai Design District. Now, you might be wondering why a Japanese restaurant is on this list, but trust me, their pizza is worth a shot. Though I haven’t personally tried it, those who have can’t stop raving about it. It’s definitely on my to-do list.
Prices for pizzas at Akiba Dori range between AED 45 to AED 81.
Blu Pizzeria (Umm Suqeim)
Next, let’s head over to Blu Pizzeria in Umm Suqeim. Where else would you find a Musakhan Pizza? And if that’s not enough to catch your attention, they also serve Short Ribs pizza. Yes, you heard me right. Your taste buds are in for a flavorful surprise.
Prices for pizzas at Blu Pizzeria range between AED 60 to AED 90.
Borbone Pizza (Kite Beach)
If you’re looking for a place where you can explore a variety of pizza flavours, Borbone Pizza on Kite Beach is the place to be. They serve pizza by the slice, giving you the opportunity to try as many different types of pizza as you like. Talk about a pizza paradise!
Prices for pizzas at Borbone Pizza range between AED 90 to AED 110.
And we can’t forget Golositalia in JLT, where authenticity and flavour come together to create a pizza experience like no other. Trust me, their pizzas will transport you to the heart of Italy with every bite.
Prices for pizzas at Golositalia range between AED 47 to AED 76.
L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele (Dubai Hills Mall)
Now, let’s move on to L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele in Dubai Hills Mall. Many people claim it serves one of the best pizzas in the world, but I have to admit, while it’s pretty good, I wouldn’t go as far as calling it the best. But hey, don’t let my opinion stop you from giving it a try.
Prices for pizzas at L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele range between AED 60 to AED 115.
Luigia in JBR is another gem that deserves a spot on this list. Their pizzas are packed with flavour, and the ambience of the place will make you feel like you’re dining in a traditional Italian trattoria.
Prices for pizzas at Luigia range between AED 42 to AED 220.
Monno in Jumeirah is next on our list. I haven’t had a chance to try their pizzas yet, but I’ve heard great things about them. Our very own Ammara has declared their dough to be super, so that’s definitely a good sign.
Prices for pizzas at Monno range between AED 68 to AED 95.
Moon Slice (Jumeirah)
Moon Slice is a popular spot in Jumeirah, and it’s on my list of places to try soon. They’re always experimenting with new toppings and ingredients, so you’ll never run out of delicious options. Don’t forget to ask about any special pizzas they might have on the menu.
Prices for pizzas at Moon Slice range between AED 55 to AED 145.
When it comes to discussing the best pizza in Dubai, one name that you’re likely to hear over and over again is Pitfire. Their dough is divine, and there’s no denying that their pizzas are superb. But let me tell you a little secret: my favourite item on their menu is the garlic knots. Seriously, if there was an award for the best garlic bread in Dubai, they would take the crown.
Prices for pizzas at Pitfire range between AED 57 to AED 84.
Pulcinella (Dubai Sports City)
Pulcinella in Dubai Sports City is another joint that deserves a mention. Their pizzas are cooked to perfection, and the flavours will transport you straight to Napoli.
Prices for pizzas at Pulcinella range between AED 59 to AED 89.
Rossovivo (Business Bay)
Last but definitely not least, we have Rossovivo in Business Bay. Their artisan pizzas are a work of art, both in terms of flavour and presentation. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.
Prices for pizzas at Rossovivo range between AED 45 to AED 82.
What defines a good pizza?
Now that you know where to find the best pizza in Dubai, let’s take a moment to appreciate the elements that make a good pizza truly outstanding. According to ChatGPT, a high-quality pizza consists of several key factors.
- Crust: The foundation of any pizza is its crust. A good crust should be flavorful, with a texture ranging from thin and crispy to thick and chewy, depending on the style. It should be well-baked and not soggy.
- Sauce: The sauce should have a good balance of sweetness, acidity, and herbaceous flavours. Whether it’s a classic tomato sauce, a white garlic sauce, or a pesto, it should complement the dough and toppings without overpowering them.
- Cheese: Quality cheese is essential. It should melt well and have a good stretchiness to it, with a rich and creamy taste. Mozzarella is the most popular choice, but other cheeses can also be used either alone or in combination.
- Toppings: Toppings should be fresh and of high quality. The choice of toppings can be traditional (such as pepperoni, mushrooms, and onions) or more gourmet (such as prosciutto, arugula, and goat cheese). The key is that they should be well-distributed and cooked properly.
- Balance of Flavors: A good pizza should have a balance between the dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings. No single component should overpower the others.
- Baking: Proper baking is crucial. The pizza should be cooked at a high temperature, which allows for a crispy crust and well-melted cheese. In traditional wood-fired pizza ovens, this also imparts a slight smokiness.
- Freshness: A pizza is best enjoyed fresh out of the oven when the cheese is perfectly melted, and the crust is at its crispiest.
- Aesthetics: While not as important as taste and texture, a good pizza should also be visually appealing with a nice colour and arrangement of toppings.
Ultimately, a good pizza is one that suits your personal taste. Some prefer a classic Neapolitan pizza with simple toppings, while others might enjoy a more loaded, American-style pizza.
So there you have it- these are the contenders for the best pizza in Dubai. Have you tried any of them? Let me know in the comments below. And if you think there’s a pizza joint that deserves a spot on this list, don’t hesitate to share your recommendations. Enjoy your pizza adventures!
Abbas has been covering tech for more than two decades- before phones became smart or clouds stored data. He brought publications like CNET, TechRadar and IGN to the Middle East.