The UAE Cyber Security Council has alerted users to update their software as soon as possible, as some Apple devices at risk of cyberattacks.
These security flaws can allow hackers to gain control of your device and access your data. It’s also not isolated to a single device or model but affects almost all Apple products.
- Which iPhone 15 Should You Buy? Here are Your Four Options
- iPhone 15 Pro with a Ray Tracing GPU Will Run Native Versions of Assassin’s Creed Mirage, Resident Evil 4, and More
Apple devices at risk of cyberattacks
The council posted on Instagram that the vulnerabilities affected iPhone 8 and later models, iPad Mini 5th generation and newer, macOS Monterey and later versions for Mac computers, and Apple Watch from version 4 and later.
The council advised users to install the latest updates on their Apple devices to ensure complete protection from potential cyberattacks. The updates include iOS 17.0.1, iPadOS 17.0.1, watchOS 9.6.3/10.0.1, and macOS 12.7/13.6.
The security flaws were reported by researchers from the Citizen Lab at the University of Toronto and Google’s Threat Analysis Group.
These vulnerabilities can be exploited by spyware called Pegasus, which can gain access to your device and even control it.
Apple said it was aware of the issues and thanked the researchers for their work. The company also urged its customers to update their devices with the latest software.
Weight: 201 g | Thickness: 7.8 mm | Screen: 6.7” Retina, AMOLED, 60Hz | Processor: Hexa-core Apple A16 Bionic | RAM: 6GB | Storage: up to 1TB | Cellular: 5G, Nano-SIM, eSIM | Rear camera: 48MP Dual Camera | Front camera: 12MP | Battery: N/A, 50% in 30 mins wired charging, 15W wireless charging
- Dynaic Island is delightful
- Updated 48MP camera
- USB-C comes to iPhone
- 60Hz screen refresh rate
- Slow charging
How to update your Apple device’s software
To update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly, follow these steps:
- Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
- Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
- Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, and then tap Install Now.
To update your Mac computer, follow these steps:
- Back up your Mac using Time Machine or another backup method.
- Go to System Preferences > Software Update.
- If any updates are available, click Update Now to install them.
- If no updates appear, click More Info to see details about each update and select specific updates to install.
To update your Apple Watch wirelessly, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is at least 50 per cent charged.
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi and keep it near your Apple Watch.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update on your Apple Watch.
- Tap Install if a software update is available, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Technology Content Crafter. Helping you unbox the latest in tech trends, especially with laptops and mobile devices. A PC gaming enthusiast who loves to cook and is currently obsessed with sim games and pizza dough.