Meta, the parent company of Facebook, has recently announced at their Meta Connect 2023 event that they’re also joining the AI tech bandwagon. Named Meta AI, it’s a chatbot assistant with a plethora of other features.
- Microsoft is Integrating AI features for Paint and Photos on Windows 11
- Mastercard Sets Up AI and Cyber Hub in Dubai to Tap into Middle East Market
Spicing Up Your Interactions
You get 28 AI characters, each with unique personalities and interests, and AI-generated images and editing tools that can create realistic photos from text descriptions.
Meta AI is powered by Llama 2, Meta’s large language model that can generate natural and fluent text. It’s in beta and available only in the US, but the company plans to expand to other regions soon.
The 28 AI characters are also based on Llama 2 and can interact with users through text or voice. Some characters are played by celebrities, such as Snoop Dogg, Tom Brady, and Naomi Osaka.
Users can chat with the characters about their hobbies, opinions, or personal stories. The characters can also join group chats and participate in games or debates.
Create and Edit Images with Meta AI
Their AI system is not just limited to their chatbot; they also announced an AI that will help you create and edit images with a few taps, much like DALL-E. All you need to do is type a description of the image, and it will create one that closely matches your description.
Editing your photos will be much easier with Meta’s AI, as you can change the background, add stickers, and apply filters to existing photos.
Some of the Meta AI features that you’ll be able to use are:
- The Meta AI chatbot and assistant will answer your questions and make recommendations.
- Add unique perspectives and personalities to your interactions with AI characters played by celebrities.
- Chat one-on-one or in group chats, helping with various tasks like finding restaurants or booking flights.
- Create AI images by simply typing up text descriptions.
- Leverage AI in editing your images by quickly changing backgrounds or applying pictures even to existing photos.
The new AI features are part of Meta’s vision to create a more connected and immersive online world. Meta said it wants to enable people to express themselves creatively, learn new things, and have fun with their friends through AI.
Technology Content Crafter. Helping you unbox the latest in tech trends, especially with laptops and mobile devices. A PC gaming enthusiast who loves to cook and is currently obsessed with sim games and pizza dough.