Qualcomm, the leading chipmaker for mobile devices, has unveiled its latest flagship processor, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3.
- Xiaomi 14: A Hyper-Powered Flagship phone with Leica Lenses
- Best Phones in UAE for 2023 – Top Smartphones
The Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 is the first mobile platform to feature a Cortex-X4 core, which can run at up to 3.7 GHz, making it the fastest smartphone processor in the world. It also has five Cortex-A710 performance cores and two Cortex-A510 efficiency cores, all built on a 4nm process for optimal power consumption.
Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 allows Generative AI on Your Device
But what makes the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 stand out is its focus on generative AI, which can create new content and experiences based on user preferences and data. It comes with a dedicated AI Engine that allows your phone to run different AI models on the device, not online.
It means that you’ll be able to generate images, videos, music, and text in seconds, as well as understand natural language and reply to you instantly.
Some of the applications of generative AI that Qualcomm showcased include:
- Semantic Segmentation: This feature can enhance the vibrancy and detail of images in real-time by separating different objects and scenes in the picture and applying different effects to them.
- Night Vision Video: This feature can brighten up dark scenes in videos by using AI to amplify the light and reduce the noise.
- Object Eraser: This feature can remove unwanted objects or people from videos by using AI to fill in the gaps with realistic content.
- Vlogger’s View: This feature can capture video from your selfie and rear camera simultaneously by using AI to stitch them together seamlessly.
- Photo Expansion: This feature can extend an image beyond the original captured data by using AI to generate new content that matches the style and context of the image.
The Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 also boasts impressive gaming capabilities, supporting up to 240 fps on 240 Hz displays. The chip has an Adreno Frame Motion Engine 2.0 that can generate frames for smoother playback and an Adreno GPU that is 25% faster and more efficient than its predecessor. The chip also supports Unreal Engine 5.2, which can enable console-quality graphics on mobile devices.
For audio enthusiasts, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 can deliver 24-bit 96 kHz lossless music over Bluetooth, thanks to its Qualcomm aptX Lossless technology. The chip also has a Qualcomm Sensing Hub to securely access your personal data like favourite activities, fitness level, and location to provide better AI assistant responses.
Qualcomm’s Fast Networking
The Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 is also equipped with the X75 5G modem, which can support sub-6 GHz and mmWave bands for blazing-fast connectivity. The chip also supports Wi-Fi 7 up to 6 GHz, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, GPS, and USB4.
Expect It On These Devices
Qualcomm said that devices powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 will be available in the coming weeks. The company has partnered with several smartphone makers, such as Asus, Honor, OnePlus, Sony, Xiaomi, and a lot more. Make sure to watch out for their upcoming flagships in 2024.
Technology Content Crafter. Helping you unbox the latest in tech trends, especially with laptops and mobile devices. A PC gaming enthusiast who loves to cook and is currently obsessed with sim games and pizza dough.