You’re looking for the best cheap TV in UAE and Saudi Arabia, and here are my top recommendations. For more detail, continue reading past this list below to see short reviews on each Smart TV, along with a buying guide and FAQs.
Smart TVs have revolutionized how we consume content, blending an at-home cinematic experience with the convenience of the digital age. Naturally, there are several offerings in the market, from a TV fit for a living room to a tiny bedroom, all equipped with the latest apps and smart features.
- Best Home Theater System In UAE In 2023
- Best Phones under 1000 AED in the UAE for 2023
- Best phones under 2000 AED in the UAE for 2023: Flagship killer smartphones
Whether you seek stunning visuals, immersive sound, or seamless integration with your smart home devices, our recommendations will guide you towards the best cheap Smart TV in UAE that provides a satisfying viewing experience.
Best Cheap TV In UAE and Saudi Arabia
- Great app store and interface
- Unappealing TV stand
If you’re looking for a well-rounded Smart TV, the Sony Bravia KD-50X75K is a fantastic choice. Not only do you get great picture quality for its size and price point, but it’s also powered by Google TV, which unlocks a wealth of apps for your TV that is unmatched by any other brand.
Using the TV remote, You can wirelessly connect to it via Chromecast or AirPlay and a handy voice search. Overall, it’s a very affordable TV that looks right at home, no matter what room it’s in.
For a truly budget-friendly purchase, grab this Hisense TV for decent visuals and gaming at an extremely affordable price tag. It’s powered by Vidaa OS, which has some staple apps such as Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Prime. It also has Amazon Alexa built-in, which you can use to ask for information or control other Alexa-enabled devices in your home.
Dolby Vision HDR delivers astonishing brightness and contrast depth 40 times brighter and blacks ten times darker than standard picture. Meanwhile, DTS Virtual X provides enjoyment of immersive audio without the need for height speakers.
- Decent colour reproduction
- Not good in bright rooms
This is Samsung’s attempt at making a TV that performs well but doesn’t hurt your wallet as much as some of their high-end models. This TV is good for general viewing but might fall short when gaming with modern consoles.
You also must remember that it won’t be great in rooms with a lot of light because it’s a cheaper panel, so that’s another factor to consider. However, if you place this TV in a general area with few people watching it at any time, it’ll do great for your viewing needs. It also has the most popular apps for download from Samsung’s app store.
Another great and cheap TV to pick up is the Xiaomi TV A2 43”. Powered by Google TV, you get a huge range of streaming apps and services from the Google Play store and built-in Chromecast support.
The picture and audio quality are decent for a TV at this price, and the Google Assistant feature allows you to control your TV and other smart home devices easily. While the motion smoothing can be excessive, it can be turned off entirely for a more enjoyable viewing experience.
Important Factors to Consider When Buying a Smart TV
When buying a Smart TV, there are several important factors to consider:
- Screen Size: The screen size of the TV should be determined by the viewing distance and the room size. A larger screen size may provide a more immersive experience, but ensuring it fits comfortably in the space is important.
- Display Technology: There are different display technologies available, such as LCD, LED, QLED, and OLED. LCD and LED TVs offer good picture quality and are more affordable, while QLED and OLED TVs provide better colour reproduction and contrast- however, they are much more expensive.
- Resolution: The resolution refers to the number of pixels on the screen. 4K Ultra HD is the most common resolution, offering more detail and clarity. However, a lower 1080p resolution TV may be sufficient if you mainly watch standard-definition content.
- Operating System: The operating system determines the user interface and the apps available on the TV. Popular options include Android TV, webOS, Tizen, and Google TV. Choose an operating system that is easy to navigate and offers a wide range of apps that suit your preferences.
- Connectivity Options: Check the connectivity options available on the TV, such as HDMI ports, USB ports, and Wi-Fi. Ensure enough ports to connect your devices and Wi-Fi capability for streaming content.
- Smart Features: Consider the additional smart features the TV offers, such as voice control, built-in streaming apps, and compatibility with smart home devices. These features can enhance your viewing experience and provide convenience.
- Audio Quality: While the visuals are important, don’t overlook the audio quality. Look for TVs with built-in speakers with good sound performance, or consider connecting external speakers or a soundbar.
By considering these important factors, you can make an informed decision and choose a Smart TV that best suits your needs and preferences.
Where to Buy a Smart TV in the UAE
If you have decided on the system you want to get, you have several options on where to get it. Several stores carry Smart TVs in the UAE so you won’t have an issue finding the ones on this list.
If you’re looking for one of the best places to buy your Smart TV in the UAE, it’s with online marketplaces. They offer lots of convenience, competitive prices, and discounts. Their system allows you to find one that fits your budget with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Stores like Amazon.ae and Noon.com offer different Smart TVs with fast delivery and free shipping.
An alternative equally as good as online marketplaces is speciality stores, especially those focusing on consumer electronics. One of the largest electronics retailers in the UAE is Sharaf DG and Jumbo Electronics.
These stores usually have an online store and a physical location where you can walk in and check out a few Smart TVs before buying them. Sharaf DG has its DG+ brand that specializes in home theatre and definitely worth a look, especially for higher-end products.
A convenient place to buy your Smart TV is in large retailers such as Carrefour and Lulu Hypermarket. They’re a one-stop shop carrying different products from various brands locally and abroad.
They’re an excellent place to shop as they offer deals and discounts all year round on different products, including Smart TVs.
FAQs on Best Smart TVs
What is the difference between LCD, LED, QLED, and OLED displays?
LCD, LED, QLED, and OLED are different types of display technologies used in modern Smart TVs. Here’s a breakdown of their differences:
- LCD (Liquid Crystal Display): LCDs use a backlighting system to illuminate the liquid crystals that make up the pixels on the screen. They provide good picture quality and are more affordable compared to other types of displays. However, they may have limited viewing angles and slightly lower contrast ratios.
- LED (Light Emitting Diode): LED displays are a type of LCD that use light-emitting diodes as the backlight source. This allows for more energy-efficient and thinner TVs. LED displays generally offer better contrast, brighter images, and deeper blacks than traditional LCD displays.
- QLED (Quantum Dot LED): QLED displays also use LED backlighting, but they incorporate a layer of quantum dots to enhance colour reproduction. Quantum dots are tiny semiconductor particles that emit different colours depending on their size. QLED displays can produce a wide colour gamut, improved brightness, and enhanced HDR (High Dynamic Range) performance.
- OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode): OLED displays differ from LCD displays in that each individual pixel can emit its own light. This allows for true blacks, infinite contrast ratios, and vibrant colours. OLED displays offer excellent picture quality, wide viewing angles, and fast response times. They are well-suited for both dark and bright room environments.
In summary, LCD and LED displays are more common and affordable options, while QLED and OLED displays offer superior picture quality with enhanced colour reproduction and contrast. Choosing the right display technology depends on your budget, viewing preferences, and the level of visual performance you desire for your Smart TV.
How does screen size affect viewing experience?
Screen size plays a significant role in the viewing experience of a smart TV. Here’s how it affects the overall experience:
- Immersion: A larger screen size can provide a more immersive experience, making you feel part of the action. It helps create a theatre-like experience at home, especially when watching movies or sports events.
- Visibility: A larger screen makes it easier to see details, especially when viewing from a distance. It ensures that text, graphics, and small objects are clear and easily readable, enhancing the overall enjoyment of the content.
- Involvement: With a larger screen size, you can feel more engaged with the content. The visuals become more captivating, drawing you into the storyline, and making you feel more connected to what you’re watching.
- Group Viewing: If you frequently watch TV with family or friends, a larger screen allows everyone to have a comfortable viewing experience without compromising visibility. It ensures that everyone can enjoy the content together without feeling crowded.
However, while a larger screen can enhance the viewing experience, it’s essential to consider the viewing distance and the size of the room. Sitting too close to a large screen or having a screen that is too big for the space can strain your eyes and distort the quality of the image. It’s recommended to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines or use a viewing distance calculator to determine the optimal screen size for your space.
Ultimately, finding the right screen size is a balance between personal preference, viewing distance, and the layout of your room. Consider these factors to choose a screen size that provides an immersive and enjoyable viewing experience for your specific needs.
Which operating system is the best for smart TVs?
When it comes to choosing the best operating system for smart TVs, it ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. However, here are some popular operating systems commonly found on smart TVs:
- Android TV: Android TV, developed by Google, offers a user-friendly interface and access to a wide range of apps and services through the Google Play Store. It integrates well with other Android devices and provides extensive customization options. Additionally, Google Assistant is built-in for voice control functionality.
- webOS: Developed by LG, webOS is known for its intuitive and sleek interface. It provides easy navigation and quick access to popular streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube. webOS also supports voice control features and offers a strong integration with LG’s ThinQ smart home ecosystem.
- Tizen: Tizen, developed by Samsung, powers their smart TVs and provides a smooth and user-friendly experience. It offers a wide selection of apps and supports popular streaming services. Tizen also includes Bixby, Samsung’s voice assistant, for convenient voice control.
- Google TV: Google TV is the latest iteration of Google’s smart TV platform. It offers a curated and personalized content experience, making it easier to discover new shows and movies. It integrates seamlessly with Google Assistant for voice control and provides access to a wide range of apps.
All of these operating systems have their strengths and offer a great user experience. It’s recommended to consider the available apps, ease of use, user interface, and compatibility with your other devices before making a decision.
Are there any compatibility issues with streaming services in the UAE?
While many popular streaming services like Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Prime Video are available globally, certain services may have regional restrictions or limited content libraries in the UAE.
One example is Hulu, which is not currently available in the UAE. Disney+, on the other hand, recently launched in the UAE and offers a wide range of content.
Additionally, when it comes to using voice control to operate your Smart TV, compatibility can vary depending on the brand and operating system. Most modern Smart TVs come with built-in voice control features, such as Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. However, it’s important to make sure that the voice control functionality supports the services you want to use, as not all streaming apps may be compatible with voice commands.
Can I use voice control to operate my smart TV?
Yes, you can use voice control to operate your smart TV. Many modern smart TVs come equipped with built-in voice control features that allow you to control various functions using your voice. Some smart TVs use voice assistants like Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, or Samsung’s Bixby, while others have their own proprietary voice control systems.
With voice control, you can do a variety of tasks, including changing channels, adjusting the volume, launching apps, searching for content, and even controlling other smart devices in your home. Simply speak voice commands into the TV’s remote control or through a compatible smart speaker, and the TV will respond accordingly.
Voice control provides a convenient and hands-free way to navigate and interact with your smart TV, making it easier and more enjoyable to access your favourite content and control your viewing experience.
Bottom Line – Final Thoughts and Recommendations
The Sony Bravia KD-50X75K is a fantastic choice and sits on the top of our list for Best Cheap Smart TV In UAE In 2023. There are few other options as well and if price is your biggest concern, you won’t find a better cheap TV than the Hisense 43 Inch TV 4K UHD Smart TV which is smart and extremely affordable.
Copywriter and journalist