Apple just announced the Apple Watch Ultra 2, the second generation of its most rugged smartwatch. If you’re an outdoor enthusiast or an athlete, this will be at the top of your list when you look for a capable wearable.
It also comes with a carbon-neutral option as part of Apple’s commitment to be carbon-neutral by 2030.
What is the price of the Apple Watch Ultra 2 in UAE?
You can now order your Apple Watch Ultra today, and it will start shipping on Friday, September 22. The price starts at AED 3,199. You can preorder right now on Apple’s website.
Most Powerful Smartwatch Chip
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 is powered by the new S9 SiP, Apple’s most powerful watch chip ever.
It allows brand-new features, exclusive to the Ultra 2, like a double tap gesture, allowing you to control the watch without touching the screen. Accessing and logging your health data should not be a problem, as the chip greatly improves the watch’s security and privacy.
An Even Brighter Display
The display of the Apple Watch Ultra 2 is also impressive. It has a peak brightness of 3000 nits, making it 50 percent brighter than the original Apple Watch Ultra and the brightest display Apple has ever made. It also has a low-light mode that can dim to just one nit, so you don’t disturb others around you.
There’s also Flashlight mode, which doubles the brightness when you rotate the Digital Crown, allowing you to see better in the dark.
Diving and Water Activities Features
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 did not just improve its over-land features. They didn’t forget about scuba divers and freedivers, as they have included improvements for these water activities. It will not track your diving depth for up to 40 meters and log water temperature readings more accurately.
It also has Precision Finding for iPhone, which can help you locate your iPhone underwater using ultra-wideband technology.
Apple Watch Ultra 2 Specs
|1.92-inch Retina LTPO OLED, 3000 nits (peak)
|Apple S9 SiP, dual-core CPU, 4-core Neural Engine
|Accelerometer, gyro, heart rate, barometer, always-on altimeter, compass, SpO2, VO2max, temperature (body), temperature (water), depth gauge
|eSIM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, NFC, Ultra Wideband 2
|Up to 36 hours of normal use, up to 72 hours in Low Power Mode, up to 17 hours of workout use in Low Power Mode
|100m, 40m swimproof/diving
|Yes (region dependent)
For those who want to personalize their Apple Watch Ultra 2, it comes with three different bands: the Sport Loop, the Adventure Band, and the Dive Band.
The Sport Loop is made of recycled nylon and has reflective threads for visibility. The Adventure Band is made of durable rubber with a metal buckle and loops so you can attach accessories easily. The Dive Band is made of silicone and has a double-locking clasp for security.
Featuring the watchOS 10
The watch also runs on watchOS 10, which has redesigned apps and a lot of other improvements:
- Smart Stack: A new feature that lets you access widgets from any watch face by turning the Digital Crown.
- Redesigned apps: Almost every app on the watch has a new look that uses the entire display to show more content and make it easier to interact with.
- Double tap gesture: A new way to control the watch without touching the screen. You can tap your index finger and thumb together twice to perform common actions like opening the Smart Stack, scrolling through widgets, or pausing a workout.
- Cycling updates: New features for cyclists, such as connecting to Bluetooth-enabled sensors, showing power zones, displaying cycling metrics on iPhone, and using offline maps and turn-by-turn directions on the watch.
- Hiking updates: You can now see topographic maps, trail information, elevation alerts, and waypoints in the Compass app.
- Mental health tools: New features to help you with your mental health with the Mindfulness app, allowing you to log your state of mind. You’ll now have a better idea of how you’re feeling and doing with the stats it logs for you.
- Modular Ultra watch face: A new watch face designed for Apple Watch Ultra that shows real-time data on the outermost edge of the display, such as seconds, altitude, or depth. It also has the most complications of any Apple digital watch face.
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 has the same battery life as the original model: 36 hours with regular use and up to 72 hours in Low Power Mode.
Technology Content Crafter. Helping you unbox the latest in tech trends, especially with laptops and mobile devices. A PC gaming enthusiast who loves to cook and is currently obsessed with sim games and pizza dough.