Police in Victoria, Australia are discouraging travelers from using Apple’s Maps application to find their way when out and about. This was after several motorists were directed off route and into the middle of nowhere because of inaccurate coordinates.
According to local reports, Apple maps lists Mildura in the middle of Murray Sunset National Park, which is around 70km away from the actual location. Some motorists were stranded for up to 24 hours before police could reach them, some without adequate food or water.
Apple removed the Google Maps applications from iOS in favor of its own maps application, but users did not take the move lightly. The app was mostly inaccurate with coordinates and wasn’t as full-fledged as Google’s. The outcry from the move was so great that Tim Cook had to officially acknowledge the app’s flaws and issue a public apology, promising further improvements would be made to the app in the future.
The top of the line Tango headset offers Call of Duty: Black Ops II fans a sleek, premium design combined with Bluetooth, Wireless Dolby Surround Sound and programmable presets for the ultimate audio experience across the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Tango can be loaded with unique Call of Duty: Black Ops II voice prompts and exclusive audio presets custom-created with Treyarch to create a signature game experience.
Players also have the option of configuring personalized presets to customize game, chat and mic audio for different gaming scenarios. In addition, the Tango’s wireless radio features Turtle Beach’s new dual band Wi-Fi technology and operates via a rechargeable battery for over 10 hours of uninterrupted gameplay.
Check out our review to see what makes the TurtleBeach Ear Force Tango such an awesome pair of headphones.
It’s not called IranTube, but Iran has launched its own YouTube-like website for its Persian audience.
Called ‘Mehr’, which means affection in Farsi, it aims to provide local content and promote Iranian Culture. According to PCMag, Mehr only shows government-approved videos.
“From now on, people can upload their short films on the Web site and access [IRIB] produced material,” said Lotfollah Siahkali, Deputy Chief of Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting.
This doesn’t come as a surprise since Iran has been heavily censoring YouTube since mid-2009. In September, the Iranian government cut off access to Google’s search and email services which it believed was helping in the retaliation against the government. This also comes among rumors that the Iranian government plans to launch it’s own Intranet to better restrict its people’s access to un-Islamic content.
Feel the need for speed? Get online quicker than ever with built-in Wi-Fi and 3G. And do more for less with the smart Nokia Browser – it’s up to fives times faster and uses up to 90% less data than other smartphones. Pretty nifty.
Always be in the loop with instant updates from your favourite social networks and tools. Whether you’re a Facebook fanatic, hanging out for the freshest Twitter hashtag or want to see new emails the second they hit your inbox, they’re a sure-fire way to keep in touch.
Watching your phone clunk its way through loading an app can really make your head hurt. With a swift 1Ghz processor and data compression to lighten the load, that’s not a problem for the Asha 311. It makes things super-fast, so you can chuck the painkillers in the bin…
And thanks to Nokia we have an Asha 311 in pink to giveaway.
A nice upgrade is going to be landing soon for Samsung Galaxy S III owners. The Premium Suite Upgrade will bring the multi-window functionality that is already present on Galaxy Note II to Galaxy S III owners along with a few other surprises such as Low-Light-Shot and Best Face to the camera. The following video showcases some of these new features. A full list of features follows.
(1) Paper Artist: You can make a picture like a pop artist! Change the moods of your pictures whenever you want!
(2) Camera, Low Light Shot: It’s always tough to take pictures in dark places. So the GALAXY S III with Premium Suite has a Low-Light-Shot function. Get your hands on one and check out the difference!
(3) Camera, Best Face: The problem with group pictures? Somebody always, ALWAYS blinks. Well, Best Face is your solution to that. Best Face takes 5 consecutive pictures and lets you choose the best face for each person among those shots.
New Features & Better Accessibility
(1) Easy Mode: For first-time smartphone users and/or those who are really really, well, lazy. This function helps you set up the most five frequently used widgets on the home screen, so you don’t have to be tired of looking everywhere to find those apps.
(2) Sound Balance: You can adjust the balance of volume one each side of earphones.
(3) Setup Wizard: After turning on your cell phone, you can see the accessibility menu right away on the screen.
(4) Camera Easy Snap: With ‘talk back’ and ‘face detection’ on your settings menu, the GALAXY S III tells you how many faces it can detect on the camera preview.