Easy backups for business.
Though the competition in the anti-virus protection and backup field is a lot more varied and tough now, Symantec still is generally a safe choice in the mind of consumers as well as business users when it comes to protection? And business users is who they’re targeting at this GITEX with a new initiative.
At GITEX this year Symantec is addressing the rapid growth of information and the importance of data protection for businesses in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Following the successful launch of NetBackup 5220 appliance in the Middle East, Symantec is now bringing Backup Exec 3600 appliances to the region to provide an easy to install backup appliance. Backup Exec 3600 includes the latest Backup Exec 2012 software from Symantec and delivers on Symantec’s Better Backup for All initiative to advance what Gartner has called “The Broken State of Backup1.”
For many customers, the challenges with protecting virtual and physical servers have been caused by the proliferation of as many as seven different backup solutions in a single environment and the integration problems between the hardware and software. Individual point solutions for target deduplication and virtual machine backup have only added to the complexity that has forced administrators to call for a new approach. Symantec’s backup appliances deliver an end-to-end integrated backup appliance for servers, storage, and software. Gone are the days of extreme systems engineering where it was the customer’s responsibility to make all of their backup solutions work together.
“Earlier this year, we announced our new approach to delivering better backup to our customers, introducing ground-breaking new features to replace outdated and complicated approaches. Beyond features, we are changing the regional market with technologies like our purpose-built appliances that combine backup software, servers, storage and deduplication in a single solution – a key part of our strategy to drive complexity and costs out of the backup market,” said Amer Chebaro Appliances Sales Manager for Emerging Region at Symantec. “Both our Backup Exec and NetBackup appliances provide customers with an all-in-one platform that centralizes backup for physical and virtual environments and maximizes performance with end-to-end deduplication – all on a pre-configured device supported by Symantec.”
Backup Exec 3600 Key Features:
- Next Gen Backup User Experience: Changes the way backups are managed by organizing them around systems and information. Optimized and priced for SMB customers, the Backup Exec 3600 appliance’s policies and settings are designed so organizations can implement expert backup policies without being experts in backup.
- Symantec V-Ray: Unites virtual and physical backups to deliver single-pass backups of VMware, Hyper-V and the physical hosts they run on so users can recover virtual machines, applications, databases, files, folders and even granular objects in seconds.
- Free Disaster Recovery Built-In: Integrated bare metal recovery includes Backup-to-Virtual (B2V) and Physical-to-Virtual (P2V) conversion technologies to allow users to recover a failed system to a VMware or Hyper-V guest. All Backup Exec customers who upgrade to BE 2012 have access to this at no cost, enabling businesses that thought disaster recovery was out of reach to implement a plan.
- Tape-Out Support: Backup Exec 3600 appliance has added tape support for additional longer-term or offsite data protection.
- Cloud Recovery as a Service: With the Cloud disaster recovery option, customers can leverage cloud recovery as a service powered by Doyenz for planned and unplanned system recovery of VMware environments.
- Data Deduplication: Users can protect more data while reducing storage by up to 90 percent and improve backup performance through integrated deduplication and archiving technology.
Symantec’s backup appliances are unique to the market. While many solutions require the IT team to integrate multiple solutions for tape, disk, dedupe, physical, virtual snapshots and backup, Symantec appliances are typically installed in less than 30 minutes and deliver integrated hardware, software and dedupe storage, providing customers with simplicity and performance from one vendor.
Better Backup for All and Appliances Momentum
Since launching its Better Backup for All initiative in February:
- More than 20,000 new customers have purchased Backup Exec and NetBackup software or appliances.
- In the last 12 months Symantec has seen 250 percent growth in new appliance customers and 450 percent growth in the number of units shipped.
- Symantec appliance customers are coming back for more, with sales figures showing 40 percent of purchases from repeat customers.
- NetBackup as a product line crossed the $1 billion in bookings mark – the first standalone backup product to reach that milestone.
- NetBackup and Backup Exec with V-Ray continue to differentiate Symantec backup for VMware and Hyper-V while increasing Symantec’s number one market share position.
Pricing and Availability
Symantec Backup Exec 3600 appliances are available now in select countries worldwide. For more information, please visit www.symantec.com/backup-appliance or www.symantec.com/backup-exec-3600-appliance.
Connect with Symantec at GITEX 2012
Symantec retains its prime location at the entrance of Hall 3, Stand D3-1, which includes meeting rooms, a presentation theatre and solution demonstration pods where various solutions will be showcased in collaboration with our trusted channel partners from across the region. In addition, Symantec is sponsoring this year’s SME Zone located in Sheikh Saeed Hall 2 where the small and medium enterprise team will be demonstrating their strategy and products designed specifically for SMB’s in the SME Lounge. The Symantec.cloud portfolio and experts from Symantec.cloud will also be showcased in the Cloud Confex in Hall 6, Stand CLD-23.