Toying with PC parts might not be as fun and games as it may look like.
A 36 year old former PC repairman claims he is allergic to everything technology. Worse, there is no medical solution to his problem.
Speaking to The Daily Mail, Phil Inkly said that he helped repair PCs as part-time work 8 years ago. He had started experiencing minor symptoms before, like chest pains or headaches, but they were tolerable. Recently, however, he is suffering from nosebleeds and has trouble sleeping.
“I began getting awful nosebleeds and had trouble sleeping. I became sensitised to everything – wifi, phone masts, even phone boxes and batteries.”
“I’ve become so sensitised to pulsed microwaves that it’s pretty much ruined my life and I’m literally having to live hand-to-mouth.”
Inkly believes he is suffering from electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS), which has forced him to move out of his home and live in a trailer in a remote section of the woods.
“I’ve lost my social life, love life and work because I’m always ill and can only handle being in remote areas with little radiation so because of this, money is tight.”
Unfortunately for Inkly, doctors in the UK currently do not accept EHS as a condition and are skeptical that it actually exists. However, there is evidence that 3-5 per cent of people are moderately sensitive to electromagnetic fields, while 20-30 per cent may be suffering without even realizing it.