A user’s brand new Galaxy S III burns right through the plastic. Ouch!
Here’s a recommendation for all new Samsung Galaxy S III users: err, just don’t keep in your pocket.
Boards.ie user dillo2k10 experienced what every new mobile phone user definitely do not want to experience: seeing his expensive, salary consuming new purchase spontaneously combust and burn through its plastic casing.
The damage is quite extensive – thankfully the user did not have the smartphone anywhere near him when this happened. According to the user, the Galaxy S III was in his car mount when the device was suddenly engulfed in white flames and sparks, climaxing in a loud bang. Surprisingly, the phone is still working but the reception is completely dead.
Engadget got in touch with Samsung about the matter, who said they are aware of the issue and will look into it once they receive the product in question. “”Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question. Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously.”
If you own the Galaxy S III, we recommend keeping the device as cool as possible. And wearing a fire-hazard suit.