Yes, yes it has a retina display.
Apple today announced the much anticipated iPad 3 tablet at their annual press event.
Image courtesy: gdgt.com
Without boring you with pointless paragraphs, here are the details as they come:
- The iPad 3 has been fitted with a retina display, that’s 3.1 million pixels, and 2048 x 1536 resolution.
- The screen have 44% greater saturation of colors
- To power the hardware, Apple has fitted the iPad3 with a custom built A5X processor. The ‘X’ stands for quad core. It’s 4x faster than a Tegra 3 chip.
- The tablet will will have a 5MP camera, with backside illumination, 5-element lens, hybrid IR filter and Apple-designed ISP.
- It will also do Face detection.
- The camera can also record in 1080p complete with video stabilization, and temporal noise reduction.
- iPad 3 will support 4G
- It will deliver 10hours of battery juice
- It’s slim at 9.4mm and light at 1.5 pounds.
- It will come in Black and White colors.
- Price: $499 for 16GB, $599 for 32GB and $699 for 64GB.
- 4G model prices: $629, $729 and $829.
- Releases on March 16 for US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Switzerland – basically no Middle East yet.