Delivering new level of business malware protection and ease of use
GFI Software today launched GFI VIPRE Antivirus Business 5.0 and GFI VIPRE® Business Premium 5.0 in the UAE, the latest evolutions of the company’s flagship antivirus solutions. Following extensive development and the integration of many new features and enhancements based on user feedback and requests, VIPRE Business 5.0 proves that comprehensive malware protection does not have to be difficult to deploy, time-consuming to manage or a drain on system resources to be effective.
“At a time when IT security in the workplace has never been more critical, our philosophy and approach to antivirus software continues to be in stark contrast to our competitors,” said John Spoor, Channel Sales Manager MEA, GFI Software. “Our focus continues to be on refining VIPRE to deliver superior performance and protection, through a solution that is easier to deploy, easier to manage and more effective at detecting and stopping threats than ever before.”
To accomplish that, GFI has made several key enhancements to VIPRE Business, including:
- Incompatible Software Removal – Seamlessly integrated into a newly streamlined installation process, the incompatible software removal tool enables IT admins to deploy VIPRE Business in an environment free of other antivirus agents. This technology is provided free of charge, and it is ideal for IT admins removing numerous agents across a network, as well as to ensure a completely clean testing environment when evaluating a 30-day, full-featured trial of the product.
- Windows Firewall Auto-Configuration – The new VIPRE Business installation process automatically configures and provisions Windows Firewall settings on all endpoints to ensure communication with all deployed VIPRE agents, removing another time-consuming task IT admins may face when managing an antivirus solution.
- Integrated Database – VIPRE Business also eliminates the need for any database configuration by IT admins. It employs an integrated database that further accelerates the installation process and eases administration. IT admins can also use their own Microsoft SQL database instance.
- Auditing and Reporting – IT admins have complete insight into any changes made to VIPRE Business’ security settings. This aids in policy enforcement, regulatory compliance and e-discovery.
- Remote Management – VIPRE Business provides an improved communication layer for IT admins, VARs and MSPs remotely managing antivirus solutions across multiple networks and locations.
- Enhanced Management Console – An updated user interface makes managing endpoints even easier.
A Trusted, Proven Security Solution
Used by tens of thousands of customers worldwide, VIPRE Business has become a trusted, reliable security solution for small and medium businesses (SMBs), healthcare providers, educational institutions, non-profit organisations, government agencies and more.
Comprehensive Malware Protection
Backed by GFI Labs, VIPRE Business defends against viruses, worms, spyware, Trojans, bots, rootkits and more. It uses a proprietary technology stack to scan large volumes of files quickly and with minimal impact on system performance. VIPRE Business also protects against email-borne viruses and integrates with all desktop email solutions using POP3 or SMTP, including Microsoft® Outlook®. VIPRE is certified by AV-TEST, ICSA, Virus Bulletin (VB100) and West Coast Labs.
VIPRE Business Premium adds a bi-directional firewall for admin control of network traffic; a Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) to monitor suspicious activity; and Web filtering to block malicious URLs, ads, harmful scripts and phishing sites.
Pricing and Availability
VIPRE Antivirus Business is priced aggressively and includes one year of support, updates and product upgrades. The upgrade to VIPRE Antivirus Business 5.0 is available to all existing VIPRE Antivirus Business and VIPRE Enterprise customers. New customers can purchase VIPRE Antivirus Business on a per-machine basis. Pricing for VIPRE Antivirus Business and VIPRE Business Premium includes the first year of maintenance and are extremely competitive, based on a five user licence, with a sliding scale discount based on number of machines.