Apparently, it’s the thinnest and the lightest Ultrabook in the region.
Toshiba has let us know that it has launched its first ever Intel Core-based Ultrabook in the Middle East. It’s called the Portégé Z830, which promises to offer “portability, durability, performance” and in a “slim and sleek design”.
“The Portégé Z830 is very light and very thin, but engineered for big things. It is 20 per cent lighter and 40 per cent thinner than the award-winning Portégé R830 series but does not compromise on either the performance or features making it suitable for both professional and personal users,” says Santosh Varghese, Regional Manager, Toshiba Gulf Computer Systems Division.
The Portégé Z830 packs in:
• 2nd Generation Intel Core i5-2467M Processor
(2.3GHz, Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.9GHz, 3MB Intel Smart Cache)
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
• 4GB DDR3 RAM
• 128GB SSD
• 13.3″ Toshiba HD non-reflective Display with LED Backlight
• Intel HD 3000 Graphics
• Integrated WiFi; Bluetooth 3.0 + HS; Web Camera
• USB 3.0. HDMI, VGA, Gigabit LAN, & SD
• Mobile Broadband 3G
• Toshiba Face Recognition
• 1.6 cm profile
• less than 1.2kg in weight
• Magnesium chassis reinforced by Toshiba’s special honeycomb structure