Update instructions inside.
Earlier today Google announced that they are finally releasing Android 4.0 aka Ice Cream Sandwich to the Nexus S handset.
While everybody is eying Samsung’s latest Galaxy Nexus, the Nexus S is the star of the show today to be blessed with the latest Android release from Google. While Google is pushing put Android 4.0 to all Nexus S handsets via OTA update throughout the month, if you don’t want to wait and need that Ice Cream Sandwich right now, then follow these easy steps, curtsey of Android Central.
1. Grab the OTA package (T-Mobile version) here.
2. Rename it to update.zip.
3. Copy it over to the internal storage on your Nexus S.
4. Power off, then hold volume up and power to reboot to the bootloader.
5. Using the volume key to navigate, select recovery, then use the power button to confirm
6. Upon seeing the warning triangle & arrow, hold the power button & volume up. You’ll see a menu.
7. From the menu, select “apply update from /SDcard”, and choose update.zip from the list.
8. Now let it update your system, radio, and other partitions. When finished, choose “reboot system now”