Youtube reveals top 10 viewed ads on their website.
Nowadays, companies make sure that every ad they make has the potential to go viral online. Most of them fail in their efforts but some of them pick up like fire and become highly viewed videos. Youtube today revealed their top 10 most viewed video ads and commericals for 2011 and a perfectly viral ad stands tall on top.
The number 1 ad was the Volkswagen commercial starring a six year old kid dressed as Darth Vader and trying to use the Force on anything he can find. That is, of course, until he reaches his dad’s Volkswagen. Watch the ad below.
Aside from that, here are the top 10 ads most of which were made for the internet. Tells you something about where advertising is heading in the future.
1. VW – The Force
2. T-Mobile – Royal Wedding
3. Chrysler – Imported From Detroit
4. DC Shoes – Ken Block’s Gymkhana Four: The Hollywood Megamercial
5. smartwater – Jennifer Aniston goes viral
6. Team Hot Wheels – The Yellow Driver’s World Record Jump
7. Old Spice – Scent Vacation
8. Apple – Introducing Siri on iPhone 4S
9. Samsung – Unleash Your Fingers
10. adidas – D Rose: adiZero Rose 2 The Bull