Enables CrossFire in Rage, disables it in Skyrim.
Yesterday AMD announced the release of their latest performance drivers for the Radeon HD 6000 and 5000 series graphics cards. The 11.11a release is primarily targeted to fix performance issues in some recent games, namely Arkham City, Rage, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim.
- Batman Arkham City
- Improves DirectX 11 performance for single GPU configurations
- Delivers AMD CrossfireX performance scaling
- Resolves a number of image / stability issues seen with the title:
- Fix geometry corruption, sometimes seen in Bash TV entrance
- Fix issues with Low-memory conditions on 32bit systems.
- Fix issue with extreme corruption with missing textures on 32bit systems.
- Fix memory leaks when deleting/reusing sync objects.
- Fix hitching and pausing, especially noticeable on some Quad Core systems when doing races and Stanley Express runs.
- Fix some missing shadows
- Elder Scrolls Skyrim
- Improves performance 2-7% on single GPU configurations
- Resolve corruption seen when enabling Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon HD 6970 Series
- Disables CrossFireX(to resolve negative scaling and image quality issues seen when CrossFireX is enabled)
- AMD is continuing to work on a CrossFireX solution for Skyrim – as soon as it’s ready we’ll make it publicly available
- Battlefield 3
- Resolves intermittent corruption seen when playing the game at specific camera angles
As you can see, Skyrim seems to have the most changes after Rage, the main one being the removal of CrossFire in order to “resolve negative scaling”. They do promise further fixes soon enough, let’s hope that happens soon enough, before people have finished the game.
You can download the 11.11a performance drivers from here.