iOS 5 downloads start today, and we tell you all the major changes you can expect to see.
Apple’s latest iOS 5 makes it debut today on all devices as updates roll out today. For those who closely follow Apple’s developments will already be drooling with anticipation to get their hands on the new features. The update will start rolling out via iTunes. So, check updates on iTunes to find out when the update is available in your region.
The new version comes with some major updates as well as many minor features. The total list of these will be more than 200 in fact. So, we tell you the major new things you can expect to see once you update your device to iOS5:
- Notifications replace the annoying pop-ups. Much like Android slide down menu on top with notifications.
- iMessage brings cross-device but not cross-platform chatting to apple device users.
- Camera comes with new image editing tools and sharing options.
- Over the air iOS software updates.
- Wi-Fi sync to update media and playlists.
- AirPlay (exclusive to iPad 2 and iPhone 4S) allows to transmit the display of your device to Apple TV i.e. you can play your iPad 2 / 4S games on TV’s big screen now; or even multiple iPhone users can play split screen multiplayer on single TV screen.
- New version of Safari with AD blocker, visible tabs and options to save websites.
- Integral twitter integration.
- iCloud service with 5GB free storage exclusively for your files backup (apps and media files remain stored in iTunes)