Everything you need to know about this year’s Technology Week.
GITEX 2011 starts next week, well the Consumer Shopper expo begins this Saturday, 8th October onwards, but today I’ll be focusing on the Technology Week, which goes on from Sunday, 9th October to Thursday, 13th October. The Technology Week exhibition will be held, as always, at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, right next to DWTC. The Technology Week exhibition is only open for trade and business, with the regular public being catered to at the GITEX Shopper at the Dubai Airport Expo.
The opening hours for Technology Week as as follows:
- 9 October: 1pm – 7pm
- 10 to 12 October: 11am – 7pm
- 13 October: 11am – 5pm
Tickets for the Technology Week are a bit pricier than the Shopper Expo, going for AED 70 for a daily ticket or AED 130 for a 5 day ticket.
During the Technology Week we’re expecting to see the launch of many new products in the region. While most of them will be unveiled on the first day itself, some may be launching with planned events in the next day. For now though, these are the products we have confirmed launches of:
1. Nokia – Regional Launch of N9
2. Microsoft – Office 365 & System Centre 2012 & Azure
3. ICANN – gLTD
4. Symantec – Endpoint Protection 12 (Cloud Security)
5. Ministry of Foreign Affairs – iphone & ipad apps for services
6. Dubai eGov – mobile apps for services
7. Ministry of Public Works – Launch of new public interaction services on web
8. Cyberoam – NetGenie – sms network security system
9. Forefront – Blu-Ray archieve library solutions
10. Panasonic – Solar Powered IP CCTV
11. Laserfische – Lasherfische Mobile content management system
12. Kodak – i5800 production scanner, IBML Image Trac 5 scanner, Capture Pro (Arabic Interface)
13. BlueCoat – WAN optimisation solutions, Cloud based web security
14. MSI – GT80 gaming laptop
15. RIM (Blackberry) – Bold 9900
16. Monster – Turbine Pro In-Ear Speakers
17. Touchmate – Tablet PC, 3 Sim Mobile Phone
18. Intex – Mobile Phone for visually impared
19. Ford – 2012 Explorer, Inflatable 2nd row seatbelt technology
And now, let’s move onto the events.