New smartphone allows instant music and media sharing with Facebook.
Sony Ericsson, a global leader in communication and entertainment technology, today announced the launch of Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman, an Android smartphone that delivers a unique social music experience.
A dedicated Walkman hardware button provides instant access to the music player and users can also like, share and discover content through a deep Facebook integration. The infinite button lets consumers explore even more.
With attractive curved design, a glossy finish and a mineral glass display, the phone has a 3.2-inch screen and a powerful 1Ghz processor. A front facing camera enables Skype video calling, while a 5MP AF camera can capture 720p HD video recording. Sony’s xLOUD enhances audio output, while the latest Android platform for smartphones (Gingerbread 2.3) provides access to over 250,000 applications on the Android Market.
Nikolaus Scheurer, Head of Product Marketing, Sony Ericsson, said: “Consumers want smartphones to deliver a rich and social entertainment experience. Rather than a one dimensional music experience, they want instant and seamless access to new content, combined with the ability to share and connect with their friends. The Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman provides exactly this, in a powerful package with great style.”
A perfect combination of social networking and music entertainment:
- Deep Facebook integration: Allows users to instantly access Facebook through the most-used areas of the phone such as the picture gallery, music player, phonebook and calendar
- Media Discovery Application: A dynamic application that offers access to a world of music and videos, including Facebook™ recommendations from their friends
- Infinite button: Tapping it within the media player enables consumers to have instant access to new content about their favourite artist, such as music videos, artist information and lyrics search
- *Sony’s xLOUD technology: Enhances audio output of the inbuilt speakers at high levels.
- TrackID: Identifies the music track you are listening to within the FM radio and music player. The track can then instantly be shared or downloaded.
Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman will be available globally in selected markets from Q4 2011.