PS3 update 3.70 brings auto-save, cloud storage for subscribers, updates XMB and 3D support
It seems like Sony wants to show the world it has more to offer in updates than just security updates. We’ve seen them bring newer neat features with them before, like Auto Download and Cloud Storage for saved games but the deal is about to get even better as Sony is bringing the Auto Syncing of trophies and automatic upload of Save files to the cloud server. But wait, of course it has strings attached! Like the previous services, this is only a PlayStation Plus exclusive.
The new features make navigation much simpler. Though it is a paid service, you could argue that its worth the money because of all the goodies it brings in one package.
Sony is also giving a separate XMB slot to video/TV Streaming services where your HULU Plus/Netflix and VUDU will go to now. This is of course free to all PS3 users as the 3 video streaming services are all open to the public. We also hear the update brings some 3D goodness to the party, including some involving audio output for 3D Bluray movie playback.
Here is a link to 3.70 update straight from Sony’s UK site and don’t worry even though it’s a EU site the Firmware file works on PSN for all regions. This is for those of you who want to skip the slow download of PSN Update. and to install the file just follow the simple instructions below:
- Create a folder in your USB flash named “PS3″ without the quotes
- Open “PS3″ folder in your USB and create another folder inside named “UPDATE” (yes both names should be in CAPS)
- Now copy the PS3UPDAT .PUP file you just downloaded to the UPDATE folder and power on your PS3
- Plug your USB into the PS3
- Go to settings from your XMB and choose “System Update”
- Choose the “Update via Storage Media button”