Latest Firefox 6.0 is here, nothing drastically new but ensures better stability and security.
Mozilla had previously informed that they would be having a fast track release approach for Firefox i.e. instead of waiting for months or years to release an update they will regularly update the browser to meet urgent needs and fix critical bugs. They have been true to that motto and have just updated to version 6. As expected from faster releases is that the new feature list isn’t all that impressive but if you are a developer or even a end user who likes to keep everything updated then be sure to get this latest version.
The changes included in Firefox 6.0 are as below (click here for complete change list):
- The address bar now highlights the domain of the website you’re visiting
- Streamlined the look of the site identity block
- Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API
- Added support for EventSource / server-sent events
- Added support for window.matchMedia
- Added a new Web Developer menu item and moved development-related items into it
- Improved usability of the Web Console
- Improved the discoverability of Firefox Sync
- Reduced browser startup time when using Panorama
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues
Download the latest version of Firefox @ Mozilla.com