Dual-core CPU powered smartphone speeds into retail stores for AED 2,399. Home and Work packs detailed.
Motorola Mobility today announced the availability of Motorola ATRIX, a dual core processor smartphone that allows you to carry the power of mobile computing inside your pocket. Combined with Motorola’s revolutionary webtop application, Motorola ATRIX transforms when placed in the companion Lapdock or HD Multimedia Dock, running a full Mozilla Firefox 3.6 browser and supporting Adobe Flash Player to open up all the rich graphics, animations and video on the web. Motorola ATRIX is expected to be available from July 7 for AED 2,399 (MSRP) at leading retailers across the Emirates.
“Motorola ATRIX enables the ultimate digital experience, going above and beyond the typical smartphone functionality to provide a mobilized desktop capable of delivering true pocket PC power. Consumers in the region look for a smartphone that allows constant connectivity and mobility combined with an ecosystem that enhances the capabilities of the device, for both work and leisure,” said Raed Hafez, General Manager for Motorola Mobility, Middle East & Africa.
Companion Docks Unleash the Power of Webtop
Motorola ATRIX is designed to essentially become a user’s primary digital hub to create, edit and interact with documents, media and content. This is facilitated by Motorola’s webtop application and incredible new accessory docks that provide users with a larger screen, keyboard and trackpad enabling them to have an enhanced and more interactive computer-like experience with their devices.
While in the webtop application, users can run their Android applications in a larger window, browse their favorite websites with a full Firefox desktop browser, send instant messages, check email, access files and make phone calls all at the same time. Plus, the Entertainment Center feature lets users show photos, play music and watch videos from HD TVs in their living rooms. Calls even continue uninterrupted if Motorola ATRIX is removed from a dock.
While using the webtop application, business users with an existing Citrix account will benefit from the integrated Citrix Receiver application that provides secure, high performance access to virtual desktops as well as Windows, web and office applications hosted on Citrix XenDesktop. In addition to the full suite of office productivity applications and email applications, users can also access a great number of web applications such as Salesforce.com, Google Docs, and any HTML application or service from the full desktop browser.
The two industry-leading accessories docks include:
• With three USB ports and an HDMI port, the Motorola HD Multimedia Dock can be used for desktop tasks by attaching an HDMI-compatible monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers. Or the dock can be connected to an HDMI-compatible television and home theater audio system to enjoy video, music, games and more. The HD Multimedia Dock will also be available as a separate purchase for AED 400 (MSRP).
• An incredibly thin design weighing just 2.4 pounds, the Lapdock provides an 11.6-inch screen, full keyboard, stereo speakers, and a 36Wh three-cell battery that delivers up to eight hours of running time. Users simply dock their Motorola ATRIX into the back of the Lapdock to experience true mobility at work, home or on the go in a form factor that’s lighter and smaller than most of today’s laptops. The Motorola Lapdock will be available as a separate purchase for AED 1,700 (MSRP).
To benefit UAE consumers wishing to utilize the Motorola ATRIX for business or play Motorola will be offering two packages: The Home Entertainment Package will feature the Motorola Atrix and HD Dock for AED 2,599 (MRSP) and the Work Package will feature the Motorola ATRIX and Lapdock for AED 2,799 (MRSP)
Motorola ATRIX Key Features and Specifications
• Motorola ATRIX runs Android 2.2 with access to more than 150,000 apps and games in Android Market
• A dual-core processor capable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones, rendering games faster and displaying HD video on big-screen TVs
• A full 1 GB of RAM for twice the RAM of most smartphones to deliver effortless multi-tasking, such as watching a movie while receiving and responding to email
• The world’s first qHD display for a smartphone, offering high resolution and 24-bit color, making it easier to read indoors and outdoors
• Front- and rear-facing cameras and the ability to record in HD
• Convenient biometric fingerprint reader for easily unlocking your phone while providing extra security
• Up to 48GB of storage (16GB internal and optional 32GB MicroSD card) – enough to store thousands of songs, photos and movies
• 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi 802.11n support, enabling as much as 50 percent faster download and upload speeds in WiFi mode compared to most other smartphones
• Under 11 mm thin with an extra large 1930 mAh battery for extended standby and talk time
• Two microphones for noise-reduction technology so your calls will be heard loud and clear in even the noisiest environments
• Supports HD video capture and replay for most multimedia standards
Pricing and Availability
Motorola ATRIX is expected to be available from July 7 for AED 2,399 (MSRP).
Home Entertainment Pack: Motorola ATRIX + HD Dock (Home Entertainment Pack) AED 2,599 (MSRP).
Work Pack: Motorola ATRIX + Lapdock (Work Pack) AED 2,799 (MSRP).
HD Dock as a stand-alone accessory: AED 400 (MSRP).
Lapdock as a stand-alone accessory: AED 1,700 (MSRP).