New 120GB and 240GB drives feature read/write speeds of upto 525/480 MB/s.
Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it has teamed up with SandForce Inc., a leader in high-performance SSD (Solid-State Drive) processors, to launch its first SATA 6Gb/s based SSD range targeted at enthusiasts, gamers and performance users. The Kingston HyperX SSD features the latest and most reliable SandForce controller to date and is also available as a bundle with the HyperX Upgrade Kit for easy installation and creation of a HyperX themed PC.
Shipping in 120GB and 240GB capacities, the HyperX SSDs are based on SandForce SF-2281 controllers featuring SATA Rev 3.0(6Gb/s). It allows incredible sequential read/write throughputs of 525/480MB/s, 4KB random read/write, IOPS of 40,000/60,000 (240GB) and SandForce DuraClass Technology to provide best in class endurance.
Enthusiasts have long known the Kingston HyperX brand as the industry leader in cutting edge memory. The new HyperX SSD continues this tradition of innovation and high performance by pairing the latest SandForce controller Intel 25nm compute NAND (P/E 5K) to provide the performance and endurance that the most demanding users require.
“This launch is very exciting for us at Kingston. The SandForce controller allows us to deliver the high-end performance that is needed for power-users, gamers, and enthusiasts in the Middle East,” saidAntoine Harb, Business Development Manager – MEA, Kingston. “Integrating a final production quality controller and firmware, and undergoing extensive testing has been an exacting process, but well worth the wait. By pairing SandForce’s latest controller with Intel 25nm compute NAND (P/E 5K), we have built an SSD that meets the requirements set by true enthusiasts.”
Key Features of the Kingston HyperX SSD:
- Intel 25nm Compute NAND (P/E 5K): 5K compute NAND provides significant endurance increase over standard 3K cycle NAND.
- Advanced Wear-Leveling Technology: Advanced algorithm ensures individual flash memory blocks are consumed at a very balanced rate enabling maximum endurance while maintaining optimal performance.
- User Configurable Over Provisioning: The HyperX SSD allows for user configurable over provisioning, which enables the user to tweak the SSD’s performance per their specific performance needs. The user can increase the size of the over provisioned spare area; consequently, reducing the overall capacity of the drive while increasing the speed and performance.
- TRIM and S.M.A.R.T Support: With additional support for both TRIM and S.M.A.R.T., the HyperX SSD is equipped with all essential tools enthusiasts, heavy users and gamers need to make the most of their PC’s performance and drive endurance.
- DuraClass Technology: DuraClass Technology represents a set of NAND Flash management features that work in tandem to deliver world-class SSD reliability, performance and power efficiency that differentiate SandForce SSD Processors from other Flash controllers.
The Kingston HyperX SSDs are backed by a three-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. It will start shipping on July 11th, 2011. For more information visit www.kingston.com/europe