Adds directions, near-by suggestions, auto-complete and other features.
Google has improved the browser-based Google Maps access for Android and iOS devices over the weekend. The search giant said that about 40% of Google Maps traffic directs from mobile devices, and plans to provide “consistent experience wherever you use it”, henceforth.
The update adds the following features:
- See your current location
- Search for what’s nearby with suggest and auto complete
- Have clickable icons of popular businesses and transit stations
- Get driving, transit, biking, and walking directions
- Turn on satellite, transit, traffic, biking, and other layers
- View Place pages with photos, ratings, hours, and more
- When signed into your Google account, access your starred locations and My Maps
You can access the improved Google Maps via maps.google.com from your iOS and Android browser.