Gives a taste of Windows Phone 7 interface in the process.
Microsoft yesterday released a new app called Photosynth for the iPhone, and it is closest you will be of having a Windows Phone 7 interface on your iOS device.
Photosynth basically allows you to take panoramic shots by stitching images together. Some of the other features include:
- See your panorama take shape as you capture them with INTERACTIVE CAPTURE
- Look and capture in all directions with FULL-SPHERE PANORAMAS
- See the final panorama right away with fast ON-DEVICE PROCESSING
- Sharp, high-resolution results with the ADVANCED IMAGE STITCHING ENGINE
- Panoramas are always available to view and share from the ON-DEVICE LIBRARY
- Zoom, pan, stretch, and view in landscape or portrait with our IMMERSIVE VIEWER
- Save as many panoramas as you want and view them online at PHOTOSYNTH.NET
Quick impressions: It aims to provide an almost 360 degree viewing angle of the panoramic shot than one single layer. Hence, there are jags galore on the edges of the image. Regardless, the software does a rather poor job of aligning the next shot, and stitching is below par as well.
Still, if you would like to give it shot, the app is available for free on the App Store.