Version 3.3 boasts link shortening, autocomplete, direct message conversation views and more.
In what appears to be a bid to compete with other third party twitter applications such as Echofon and Tweetdeck, Twitter has pushed out its latest version of the Twitter app for iOS.
Version 3.3 adds a number of added functions of which the most prominent (and a tad annoying) change would be the inclusion of a new ‘Quick bar’ which sports Ads as well as current Twitter trends along the top of the main timeline.
On Twitter’s blog it also goes on to list the following new or improved features:
- Photos. Uploading photos is now easier than ever. There’s a camera button in the toolbar and we improved the image preview, so you can quickly choose a photo from your library or take a new picture.
- Follow your friends. Now you can find which of your friends are on Twitter that have chosen to be discoverable through the contacts on your phone.
- Local trends. See trends based on your location.
- Shorten links. When you want to share a link on Twitter, just paste it into the Tweet box and we’ll automatically shorten it.
- Tweet box design. We redesigned the “New Tweet” screen so it’s now cleaner and simpler.
- Autocomplete. When tweeting on-the-go, speed and accuracy are important. Autocomplete for @usernames and hashtags help you tweet faster
- Direct Messages. The new Direct Message conversation view helps you better keep track of messages.
The update is available right now so scoot on over to the Appstore to update/download your version.