RIM has announced that an updated Facebook v2.0 has been rolled out for all Blackberry users though BB Beta Zone. The update is the biggest one to date and dolls out features that will surely go well with users.
- Facebook Chat: Yup, more time to waste time on your Blackberry. All messages will be sync’ed with your unified mailbox on your BB smartphone.
- Improved News Feed: Accidentally clicked ‘like’ on a status you would rather have disliked and deleted? Well, not any more. RIM has updated the interface which adds a ‘More’ button next to each post which then further allow you to interact with it. The functionality also allows you to post photos on your Wall, add an update, or check in to a Facebook Place form the News Feed.
- New Navigation Control – RIM has changed the static nav bar to a drop down one, which they say will help scale new features in the future.
- Notification Bar – Much like the iPhone, the app now has a dedicated place for all notifications from messages, friend request and chats.
- External Notifications – RIM knows that you don’t want to quite Facebook-ing to address mundane issues like replying to important emails. Hence, they have built an email notification right into the app, so you can access your email directly from it.
- New Profile UI – Again like the iPhone, the profile is now divided into three tabs: Wall, Info and Photo tabs.
Of course, since the BB App Store is yet to be supported in this region, UAE users will not be able download this just yet.