Available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB Capacities
Kingston Digital Europe Ltd, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the Kingston HyperX® MAX 3.0 External Drive. The SuperSpeed USB certified Kingston HyperX MAX 3.0 drive is a fast and durable external USB 3.0 storage device. SuperSpeed USB is the specification delivering USB 3.0 transfer speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
“The Kingston HyperX MAX 3.0 Drive follows the tradition of Kingston’s HyperX enthusiast DRAM family providing users with premium quality and high performance,” said Antoine Harb, Business Development Manager MEA, Kingston Technology. “In addition to portability and speed, users will be pleased with the durability of this drive. Its Flash memory-based architecture is designed for the rigors of mobile use.”
The Kingston HyperX MAX 3.0 is designed for prosumers, computer enthusiasts or professionals who demand rapid file transfer to their PC with portability requirements. Moving or backing up HD video, RAW images or other large project files are examples that can take advantage of the extremely high-speed data transfers of the USB 3.0 interface.
Kingston’s HyperX MAX 3.0 has a read speed of up to 195MB/s., and a write speed of up to 160MB/s., when paired with a USB 3.0 compatible device and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices. During internal testing, a 10GB movie file was transferred in only 1 minute, 12 seconds to the Kingston HyperX MAX 3.0 from a USB 3.0 system*. The transfer time increased to 5 minutes, 52 seconds when using a USB 2.0 port with the same test bed.
The Kingston HyperX MAX 3.0 will be available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities and will start shipping in December via Kingston’s authorized channel of distributors, resellers, e-tailers and retailers. It comes with a three-year warranty and is backed by Kingston’s legendary 24/7 service and support.
Kingston HyperX MAX 3.0 Features and Specifications
- Performance: USB-IF SuperSpeed-Certified
- Standardized: complies with USB 3.0 specification standards, compatible with USB 2.0
- Sequential Speed: Read: up to 195MB/sec., Write: up to 160MB/sec
- Shock-resistant: built with Flash components so no moving parts
- Portable: Aluminum design is sleek, stylish and rugged
- Silent: runs silently with no moving parts
- Easy: plug & play with no driver required; utilizes USB bus power with no additional bus power required
- Guaranteed: three-year warranty
- Capacities**: 64GB, 128GB and 256GB
- Dimensions: 2.89² x 4.67² x 0.47² (73.49mm x 118.60mm x 12.00mm)
- Vibration Operating: 20G Peak, 10-2000Hz, (20min/Axis) x 3 Axis
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G Peak, 10-2000Hz, (12 Cycle/Axis) x 3 Axis, x 20min.
- Operating Shock: 1500G
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 60°C/ 32° to 140°F
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 85°C/ -4° to 185°F
- Power Consumption: 4.5W
- Dual LED: blue for USB 3.0, green for USB 2.0