Thanks to Symantec, we are giving away their latest Norton web protection software.
According to new third-party test data from Dennis Labs, Norton placed first in real world threat detection tests and was the only vendor to achieve a remarkable 100 percent protection score (Symantec has blocked more than 3.2 billion attacks last year), marking its second year in a row to secure this distinction. Notably, Dennis Labs recently had its real world security testing methodology reviewed by the Anti-Malware Testing Standards Organisation (AMTSO) and received a 100 percent compliance. Additionally, in recent testing conducted by AV-Test.org, Norton 2011 led a pack of 12 competitive security offerings in both detection and remediation of threats. Norton has also received top scores in both detection and remediation in evaluations performed by the independent security testing organisation AV-Comparatives. The following advanced features of the Norton 2011 products help deliver its unmatched real world protection:
- Reputation Based Security instantly checks when and where programs originated to identify and stop new malicious programs faster than ever. Norton’s reputation system also allows users to determine if their overall download behavior is more or less risky compared to the 58 million Norton Community Watch members today.
- System Insight 2.0 with new Proactive Performance Alerts monitors all running applications, and now proactively alerts users if any program is overusing system resources and slowing them down so they can make changes to improve computer performance.
- Download Insight 2.0 delivers the most aggressive reputation-based protection yet, checking every downloaded file for safety before it is allowed to run.
- SONAR 3 brings a new level of behavioral security to Norton 2011, providing true “zero-day” protection against new and emerging threats that are specifically designed to evade other security features. With its improved classification techniques, SONAR 3 identifies suspicious software based on its behaviors and automatically handles any decision making on behalf of the user.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool conveniently allows Norton users to boot a PC into a safe state when a system is so deeply infected with a rootkit or other troublesome malware that installing security software or even properly starting up becomes impossible. New this year, the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool wizard automatically creates a CD/DVD/USB bootable device in a quick and easy way.
To win, simply answer this question: