HP ePrint allows you print from any printer in the world from your email.
HP today unveiled a new category of web-enabled printing solutions designed for the cloud that will, for the first time, allow people to:
- Print from any email device to any new ePrint-enabled printer from anywhere in the world through the new HP ePrint technology
- Store documents or files in the cloud and print direct when needed
- Transform their printers into publishing platforms from which they can customise print apps, such as news and creative after school activities, directly to their home or business printer
- Manage and customise their full printing experience through the new HP ePrintCenter to enjoy relevant, fun and interesting content that is formatted for efficient printing
To showcase these new solutions, HP Middle East announced a full suite of web-empowered e-All-in-One printers for home and business. These will be the first printers able to access directly to the web content like colouring pages and 3D characters and HP quick forms.
“We are once again revolutionising printing to make web-empowered, cloud-enabled printing the new industry standard,” said Mr Amin Mortazavi, General Manager, Imaging and Printing Group, HP Middle East. “We know that our customers want an easy way to print their content, anywhere, anytime. We’re making that a reality today by giving people the power to print from any web-connected device – smartphones, iPads, netbooks and more – the world has changed.”
HP web-connected products and services are supported by a digital print advertising platform that can be leveraged by print app partners. Customers can get premium content at no additional cost and brands can add value to their audience by populating select print content with customised messages, promotions and information like coupons or local services.
HP ePrint: if You Can Email it, you Can Print it
The HP ePrint platform harnesses the cloud to break down the barriers of distance and connectivity and allow people to send the files they want to print from their mobile devices. From a mother and son printing drawings from an iPad, to an executive on a train sending a presentation from a Palm Pre or Blackberry smartphone to print and pick up at a local stationery print shop, HP ePrint allows people to print anytime, anywhere.
Every HP ePrint printer will have a unique simple email address that allows the sender to deliver a print the same way they would send an email message. Customers also can send documents to print through an HP ePrint mobile app on their smartphone device to a home, office or public print location such as a hotel or FedEx Office store. Customers will be able to send Microsoft® Office documents, Adobe® PDFs and JPEG image files, among others.
HP ePrintCenter: a home for all things printing
The HP ePrintCenter is an online hub for all HP customers to explore new services and customise their printing experience. For example, people can register their products and receive updates according to the preferences; configure their devices; track ePrint jobs; as well as browse and suggest new print apps.
New Photosmart printers at every price point
The new line of Web-connected HP Photosmart printers allow consumers the freedom to access content and print from anywhere without a PC. This can be achieved through HP ePrint from any mobile device or by touching a variety of customisable apps and printing options on the printer’s intuitive HP TouchSmart screen.
- The HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One – This top-of-the-line printer provides wireless access to the web and can be customised by selecting from the full line of print apps. It features a 10.9cm HP TouchSmart screen with enhanced touch technology and can save paper by up to 50 percent using automatic two-sided printing. Expected to be available in the UAE in October.
- The HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One – Produce lab-quality photos, everyday documents, creative projects using this printer’s 8.9cm HP TouchSmart screen. Quickly print web content such as colouring pages and HP Quick forms without a PC. Expected to be available in the UAE in September.
- HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One – Quickly print web content using the 6.1cm HP TouchSmart frame. Create impressive photo projects affordably, using individual inks and photo printing features, such as the auto-engaging photo. Available in the UAE July 2010.
- HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One – Easily fax, scan and copy, using the automatic two-sided document feeder; plus print photos and web content easily. Incorporates a host of connectivity options including wired and wireless networking. Expected to be available in the UAE in September.
- New free HP Photo Creations software ships with all the new printers and allows people to create photo books, calendars and other fun projects. All of the printers announced today reduce packaging waste by using an innovative, reusable bag and are ENERGY STAR® qualified.
HP iPrint Photo for Android
Now available for Android smartphones, HP iPrint Photo is a free photo printing application for quick and easy direct wireless printing to HP inkjet printers connected to a local Wi-Fi network. The Android version joins HP iPrint Photo for Symbian, Windows Mobile®, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. The Snapfish by HP mobile app for Android is expected to launch this summer.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com