New features on new Dell Latitude E-Family laptops offers better security and mobile collaboration.
As today’s workforce becomes increasingly dispersed and mobile and demand for secure instant access shows no signs of abating, Dell today unveiled a series of new solutions and services that enable customers to simplify and control desktop virtualization deployments.
Dell’s new Flexible Computing virtualization offerings help customers simplify virtual image management so they have increased application access and performance and heighten IT control to improve security. In addition, the new solutions and services allow for work in flexible environments to encourage a more mobile and productive workforce.
“Today’s workforce has become more globally dispersed and highly mobile with the expectation of 24/7 access to critical data and applications,” said Steven Lalla, vice president and general manager, Client Product Group, Dell. “We are committed to providing innovative and flexible virtualization solutions that help customers reduce costs, increase security and improve manageability. This approach to flexible computing also has the ability to enable choice and flexibility to help boost productivity within our customers’ workforce.
Dell E-Family Latitude Laptops
Dell also today launched new additions to its portfolio of Latitude E-Family laptops, each certified with Citrix and VMware clients.
• Dell Latitude E4310: the ultraportable Dell Latitude E4310 is built for the executive and frequent traveler and combines sleek looks with remarkable durability and advanced wireless connectivity. The 13.3-inch Latitude E4310, available now, starts at $1449 USD.
• Dell Latitude E5410 and E5510: the 13.3-inch and 14.61-inch Dell Latitude E5410 and E5510 professional laptops, respectively, are designed to help simplify IT by reducing cost, deployment time and maintenance with an emphasis on stability, inter-compatibility, global support and business-class control. The new systems, available now, start at $X and $X USD, respectively.
Enhanced features of new Latitude laptops include:
• A new Fast Response Free Fall Sensor and StrikeZone™ shock absorber that can help prevent data loss from drops;
• Latitude ON – Reader & Flash Version for instant access to access to e-mail, calendar, contacts and virtual desktops without booting the system;
• New architecture includes Intel Core i technology, Windows 7 and WiMax;
• Three-year warranty battery for reduced total cost of ownership during laptop life cycle;
• Inter-compatibility across every E-Family system with one dock to 15 laptops and counting and 5 year assurance on dock, adapters and optical drives;
• Advanced Security and Systems Management that offer flexible and secure data protection, asset monitoring and remote management while allowing for fast IT response to business threats;
• Select configurations offer Energy Star and EPEAT certifications.
Dell Latitude 2110: Building on the success of the 2100 at high schools and elementary schools, Dell now offers the 2110 to organizations to help solve a growing need for an affordable secondary computer for training workstations or desktop users. The Latitude 2110 allows easy collaboration, quick connectivity and versatility while at the office or on the road.
Enhanced features of new Latitude netbook include:
• Extended battery life up to 10 hours;
• Collaboration tools, including advanced audio, state-of-the-art microphone and optional webcam;
• Anywhere connectivity options such as WiFi, mobile broadband and WiMax;