UAE’s thinnest QWERTY slider with 3.7” multi-touch & pinch display.
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT), a global leader in mobile telecommunications, today introduced MILESTONE™, set to become the first Android 2.1-powered phone in the UAE.
MILESTONE is without compromise, setting new standards for how fast, smart and multi-tasking a modern smartphone should be. Powered by Android 2.1, it offers the ability to use multiple applications at once and is one of the world’s thinnest QWERTY sliders (13.7mm). The MILESTONE also boasts a hi-resolution, multi-touch, pinch and zoom display with twice the pixels of the leading competitor.
Mahmoud Sayed Ahmed and Harout Bedrossian from Motorola
A suite of Google™ mobile applications including Google Search™, Google Maps™, Gmail™ and YouTube™ are also integrated onto the device.
“MILESTONE is a smart phone without compromise, delivering a wiser, richer web and messaging experience. This is possible through the combination of Motorola’s expertise in design and a truly differentiated Android experience,” said Stephen Nolan, Area Vice-president for Middle East and Africa.
“As an Android 2.1 device, MILESTONE does what other smartphones don’t. It was designed to enhance consumer experiences – and its full screen web browsing experience, ability to juggle between multiple apps, and suite of Google applications deliver. We have been delighted with the anticipation and demand for MILESTONE across the world and pleased to announce its arrival in the UAE today.”
Make the most of Motorola’s MILESTONE on the move with the Driver’s Pack which comes complete with a phone cradle, car mount and in-car charger. Specifically designed for the MILESTONE, the car mount fits like a glove whether it’s on your windscreen or dashboard, so you can speak hands-free and stay in touch on the move.
The in-car charger helps keep your conversation going for longer as it charges your phone when the battery is on reserve. You can also use the flexible car mount to adjust your phone to an angle that is best for you.
“Milestone will be introduced in the UAE market across all key retailers with an attractive trade in program whereby consumers will have the ability to upgrade their current handset with Motorola’s new Milestone, by trading in their old phone for fair value.” Said Neal Barros, General Manager of Globalnet- Motorola’s authorized distributor in the UAE.
Key MILESTONE features include:
- 3.7” widescreen display with 854 pixel width and more than 400,000 total pixels
- High-speed, cortex A8 processor
- Multi-touch, pinch and zoom, double tap zoom
- 5 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash
- Motorola Media Link and Motorola Phone Portal to manage and share media content across desktop, phone and the Web
- Stereo Bluetooth® / BT 2.1, USB 2.0
- 3.5mm headset jack
- CrystalTalk™ Plus for superior talk quality
- 8GB memory card
Additional functionality and apps include:
- Full suite of the Google applications: Google Search, Google Maps with Google Latitude, Gmail, YouTube, and Google Talk™,
- Unified Google and Microsoft Office Contacts
- Navigation: GPS, MOTONAV * turn-by-turn navigation, Google Maps, E-Compass Latitude
- Email Support: IMAP and POP, Gmail
- IM Support: Google Talk
- Calendar: Exchange, syncs with Google CalendarÔ
Optional Accessories include:
- Use the multimedia station5 to transform MILESTONE into a clock, movie player or digital picture frame.
- Place MILESTONE in the car mount to instantly launch a full-blown GPS navigation device.
MILESTONE will initially be ranged in the UAE with Jumbo Electronics, Dubai Duty Free and Carrefour.