The Touch Pack features 6 touch enabled games and applications.
Microsoft today released the Touch Pack for Windows 7 for public downloading. The Touch Pack was first announced back in May 2009 and was only to be available as OEMs. The release was confirmed by Microsoft’s Brandon LeBlanc on the official Windows 7 blog. LeBlanc said that Microsoft took the decision to distribute the pack to the public due to “feedback and request from both partners and customers”.
Microsoft Surface Collage
The Touch Pack includes 3 casual games, and 3 Microsoft Surface applications. Obviously, in order to use these applications, you will need a Win 7 PC with touch support. Here is a detailed description of the Touch Pack applications:
- Microsoft Blackboard, an intricate game of physics in which you solve a puzzle by creating a fanciful machine on a blackboard.
- Microsoft Garden Pond, a tranquil game that takes place in serene Japanese water gardens.
- Microsoft Rebound, a game in which you use your fingertips to move Tesla balls with an electrical field between them to catapult a metal game ball into your opponent’s goal.
- Microsoft Surface Globe, a program that you can use to explore the earth as a flat 2-D map or as an immersive 3-D experience.
- Microsoft Surface Collage, a program that you can use to explore and interact with your photos and arrange them as a desktop background.
- Microsoft Surface Lagoon, a screen saver and interactive water simulation, complete with a meditative rock arrangement and playful, shy fish. Use your fingers to manipulate the water and have the school of fish respond.
If you want to give it a try, you can download the Touch Pack from here.