The new SSDNow V Series 30GB Boot Drive brings SSDs into mainstream use and aims to deliver a lower price point while boosting performance.
PR: Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the Kingston® SSDNow V Series 30GB Boot Drive, the latest addition to its V (Value) family of solid-state drives (SSD). Priced under 100 euros the Kingston® SSDNow V Series 30GB Boot Drive with TRIM support for Windows® 7 is one of the best and most cost-effective ways to accelerate any desktop’s boot, shutdown and application load times.
“In our quest to bring SSDs into mainstream use, we’re aiming to deliver a lower price point while boosting performance. The new SSDNow V Series 30GB Boot Drive accomplishes those goals,” said Antoine Harb, Business Development Manager, for Kingston Technology in the Middle East. “Desktop users can extend the life cycle of their systems with this drive and IT managers in the enterprise space like it as there is less data for them to backup to the network. In addition, we will also release a 30GB SSD twin-pack for prosumers and enthusiasts who want to take performance to the next level.”
The SSDNow V Series 30GB Boot Drive also offers Windows 7 TRIM support, which helps the SSD maintain high performance through the life of the drive. Using the industry-standard PCMark® Vantage Advanced HDD Suite, the 30GB Boot Drive received a score of 20257 on a Windows 7 system, whereas a 7200RPM hard-disk drive reached 3294**. Using PCMark® 05 for a Windows XP system, the 30GB Boot Drive received a score of 22519 compared with the hard-disk drive score of 6508**. PCMark Vantage Advanced HDD Suite and PCMark 05 runs a series of tests such as Windows 7 and XP startup, importing photos, adding music to Windows Media Center and application loading. The score is an indicator of how many bytes are moved per second.
Kingston’s SSDNow V Series 30GB Boot Drive is the perfect enhancement for users looking to increase their current desktop performance. It is designed to be used in conjunction with an existing hard-disk drive (HDD). A PC operating system and key applications reside on the SSD while all data such as documents, music, files and photos remain on the HDD.
As part of Kingston’s goal to provide a low-cost SSD solution and an easy upgrade path, the drive is also available with a bundle that includes cloning software, 2.5″ to 3.5″ mounting brackets and SATA data and power cable extenders. Kingston will also offer a solution for performance-minded enthusiasts looking to install a RAID configuration consisting of two 30GB SSD Boot Drives and extra cables.
The Kingston SSDNow V Series 30GB Boot Drive d will begin shipping in February. It is backed by a three-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com/meroot.
Kingston SSDNow 30GB Boot Drive Features and Specifications:
• Sequential Speed**: up to 180MB/sec. read 50MB/sec. write
• Performance: enhances productivity; makes users more efficient
• Innovative: 2.5″ form factor; uses NAND Flash memory components
• Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving parts
• Reliable: less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
• Shock Resistant: no moving parts; handles rougher conditions than a hard drive
• Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
• Guaranteed: three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
• Capacity1: 30GB
• Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
• Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
• Vibration operating: 20G Peak, 10-2000Hz, (20min/Axis)x3 Axis
• Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak, 10-2000Hz, (12Cycle/Axis)x3 Axis, x 20min.
• Power specs: Read: 1.4W (TYP), 2.5W (MAX), Write: 1.7W(TYP), 4.2W (MAX), Idle, Standby, Sleep: 55mw (TYP)
• Life expectancy: 500,000 hours MTBF
* Test system: Intel® DG945ID Desktop Motherboard; Intel® Quad Core Q9550; 4GB DDR2 800MHz system memory; on-board SATA 3Gbps with ACHI enabled in BIOS; OS: Windows® 7 Professional x64 or Windows XP Pro x86 SP3 (Intel® IMSM installed in both operating systems).
** Based on internal testing. Performance may vary based on system settings.
1Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
Kingston SSDNow 30GB Boot Drive
Part Number Capacity and Features
SNV325-S2/30GB 30GB 2.5″ SATA SSD (stand-alone drive)
SNV325-S2BD/30GB 30GB 2.5″ SATA SSD (desktop bundle)
SNV325-S2BD/30GB-2P 30GB 2.5″ SATA SSD (desktop twin-pack)
Check out Kingston’s new consumer website full of news, competitions and tips & tricks: www.rememberkingston.com