The handset, a new addition to the BlackBerry Bold series of smartphones, is available from Etisalat today and priced at AED 2700.
PR: Etisalat and Research In Motion today announced the launch of the new BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphone for customers in UAE. The BlackBerry Bold 9700 offers an extensive array of high-end communications and multimedia features in a compact and highly refined design that will appeal to both men and women and for both professional and personal use. The handset, a new addition to the BlackBerry Bold series of smartphones, is available from Etisalat today and priced at AED 2700.
The BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone offers top-of-the-line performance, functionality and features with support for 3G HSDPA networks around the world, a next-generation (624 MHz) processor, 256 MB Flash memory, built-in GPS and Wi-Fi®, a 3.2MP camera and a sharp, dazzling display. Cutting edge engineering and premium finishes extend to the exterior of the handset as well, with a smoothly integrated touch-sensitive trackpad and a highly tactile, distinctive, fretted keyboard. The dark chrome frame and leatherette back add to the new smartphone’s sleek and elegant look, while the narrow profile, balanced weight and soft-touch sides allow it to feel incredibly comfortable in one hand.
“The launch of the latest edition of the popular BlackBerry Bold smartphone gives our customers an even greater choice in terms of smartphones with support through Etisalat’s high speed, reliable mobile broadband network,” said Essa Al Haddad, Chief Marketing Officer, Etisalat. “Our customers can stay connected while on the move with coverage across 99% of the populated areas in the UAE to get an unbeatable service experience from Etisalat.”
“The new BlackBerry Bold 9700 delivers state-of-the-art features and performance in a compact and beautifully designed handset,” said Don Morrison, Chief Operating Officer at Research In Motion. “This sleek and powerful 3G smartphone offers an incredibly refined mobile experience that is ideal for both personal and professional use.”
Key features of the BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone include:
• Sleek design measuring 4.29″ x 2.36″ x 0.56″ (109 mm x 60 mm x 14.1 mm) and weighing only 4.3 oz (122 grams)
• Sharp and dazzling 2.44” light-sensing display (480 x 360 resolution at 245 ppi)
• Highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard – with finely sculpted keys and chrome frets – for fast, accurate typing
• Innovative touch-sensitive trackpad that allows intuitive and responsive navigation
• Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) for faster browsing and expanded data coverage
• 3.2 MP camera with variable zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording
• Built-in GPS for maps and other location-based applications, as well as photo geotagging
• Media player for videos, pictures and music (music play now extended up to 38 hours), plus support for BlackBerry® Desktop Manager for both PCs and Macs, and BlackBerry® Media Sync for easily syncing iTunes® and Windows Media® Player music with the smartphone***
• 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, dedicated volume controls, Lock and Mute keys seamlessly integrated across the top of the handset
• microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB cards today and is expected to support 32 GB cards when available; a 2GB card is included
• 256 MB of Flash memory
• Premium and easy-to-access phone features, background noise suppression technology and high quality speakerphone
• Bluetooth® (2.1) with support for Secure Simple Pairing, hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits and other Bluetooth peripherals
• Support for BlackBerry® Internet Service and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
• Global 3G connectivity support and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM
• Removable, rechargeable 1500 mAhr battery that provides approximately 6 hours of talk time and 17 days of standby time in 3G mode
To learn more about the BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone from Etisalat, please visit www.etisalat.ae/blackberry