PRESS RELEASE: McAfee, Inc. announced McAfee Email and Web Security Appliance 5.5 to help protect customers against the latest email and Web-borne threats, manage Web and email traffic and usage, and reduce system administration requirements. Designed for small and midsized businesses (SMBs), the solution provides comprehensive email and Web security in a single, integrated appliance. [...]
PRESS RELEASE: McAfee, Inc. announced McAfee Email and Web Security Appliance 5.5 to help protect customers against the latest email and Web-borne threats, manage Web and email traffic and usage, and reduce system administration requirements. Designed for small and midsized businesses (SMBs), the solution provides comprehensive email and Web security in a single, integrated appliance.
The McAfee Email and Web Security Appliances include new features and functionality, including:
• Artemis and TrustedSource™ Technology Integration: The first appliance release from McAfee that links to global threat intelligence from its Artemis and TrustedSource technologies, the most precise and comprehensive threat intelligence system in the world
• Appliance Clustering with Load Balancing: Multiple appliances can clustered to share scanning responsibilities for improved resiliency, scalability and consolidated management and reporting
• Simplified Installation: Auto-detects network settings and provides an easy to use configuration wizard, helping to simplify installation requirements, reduce installation time and improve the overall user experience
• New Content Policy Wizards: Simplified creation and set up of content policies through the new configuration wizards and advanced dictionaries simplify policy creation, enable greater enforcement flexibility and reduce false positives and configuration errors
• Integrated URL Filtering: URL filtering is also included in the 5.5 release at no additional cost. Integrated into the appliance, the URL filtering includes more than 90 Web site categories providing granular Web usage monitoring and policy enforcement. The URL filtering also includes the McAfee Web Reporter package for simplified viewing of Web utilization and trends.
“In addition to their market leading security effectiveness, these appliances also provide customers with email and Web usage policy enforcement capabilities, compliance tools, informative dashboards and comprehensive reporting,” said Dave Macey, general manager of the Network Security business unit, McAfee. “McAfee’s combined intelligence capabilities add an essential layer of protection to guard against today’s most advanced threats and work by accumulating data from millions of sensors, creating a real-time profile of all suspicious activity and content, and then watching for deviations based upon expected behavior.”
McAfee Provides the Highest Level of Protection
The McAfee Email and Web Security Appliances offer better than 99 percent spam detection accuracy and are backed by the #1 ranked anti-malware detection technology in the industry. By integrating with McAfee’s real-time, cloud-based global threat intelligence, the appliances provide increased visibility into Web and email-based threats, protecting customers more efficiently and reducing both security acquisition and operational costs. With 350 threat researchers and tens of millions of data collection sensors, McAfee’s global research is extensive.
“Customers want advanced email and Web security technology that is available as a single solution under a single management console—with the McAfee Email and Web Security Appliances, there is no duct tape required,” said James C. Foster, chief executive officer of Ciphent, a McAfee Elite Partner. “McAfee is different from the competition in that it never limits users to a single policy for all users, and all features for both email and Web are inherently included across the board. We proudly work with McAfee and recommend their solution as the one our customers can trust.”
“The Email and Web Security Appliance is our primary line of defense and has provided solid protection from viruses on inbound email,” said Roger Norfolk, GroupWise administrator and antivirus technology instructor, Mercy Hospital. “Last month it stopped over 3.3 million pieces of spam, 76 infected emails and 32 Potentially Unwanted Programs with a legitimate email count of 175,935. In a year it has blocked over 17 million messages, with very few false positives.”
The latest version of the McAfee Email and Web Security Appliance are expected to be available globally later this quarter. To learn more about the appliances, which are available now available now through McAfee’s worldwide partner network, please visit http://www.mcafee.com/ews.