Kingston Digital, Inc. today announced the release of the Kingston SSDNow V Series 40GB Accelerator Drive, the latest addition to its SSDNow V ‘Value’ family of solid-state drives (SSD). The Kingston® SSDNow V Series 40GB Accelerator Drive is one of the best and most cost-effective ways to accelerate any desktop’s start up, shutdown and application [...]
Kingston Digital, Inc. today announced the release of the Kingston SSDNow V Series 40GB Accelerator Drive, the latest addition to its SSDNow V ‘Value’ family of solid-state drives (SSD). The Kingston® SSDNow V Series 40GB Accelerator Drive is one of the best and most cost-effective ways to accelerate any desktop’s start up, shutdown and application load times.
“The SSDNow V Series 40GB Accelerator Drive offers instant performance enhancement and lower power consumption on existing systems at a fraction of the cost of a new system,” said Antoine Harb, Business Development Manager for Kingston Technology in the Middle East. “In real-world numbers this means that by upgrading with an SSDNow 40GB drive, you can speed up open and close times of web browsers such as Internet Explorer or Firefox, and programs like iTunes or Photoshop by almost 4 times over existing regular desktops hard-disk drives*”.
As part of Kingston’s goal to provide an easy upgrade path for first-time users, the drive is also available as an all-in-one bundle kit that includes cloning software, 2.5″ to 3.5″ brackets and SATA data and power cable extenders. The included cloning software and step-by-step instructions make it simple to move the contents of one’s existing hard-disk drive (HDD) to the SSDNow. Once cloned, the OS and applications reside on the SSDNow while the HDD serves as storage for data such as music, videos, files and photos.
The Kingston SSDNow V Series 40GB Accelerator Drive will begin shipping on November 9, 2009. It is backed by a three-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit: www.kingston.com/europe.
Kingston SSDNow 40GB Accelerator Drive Features and Specifications:
• Sequential Speed**: up to 170MB/sec. read 40MB/sec. write
• Performance: enhances productivity; makes users more efficient
• Innovative: 2.5″ form factor; uses NAND Flash memory components
• Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving parts
• Reliable: less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
• Shock Resistant: no moving parts; handles rougher conditions than a hard drive
• Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
• Guaranteed: three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
• Capacity1: 40GB
• Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
• Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
• Vibration operating: 2.17G (7-800Hz)
• Vibration non-operating: 20G (20-2000Hz)
• Power specs: Active: 0.15W (TYP); Sleep: 0.06W
• Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF