LG Electronics Launches New Range of Stylish and Smart IT Products

By on October 18, 2009
submit to reddit

LG Electronics (LG), announced today that its 2009 IT Business performance and 2010 IT Business strategies along with the new range of IT products. “Even during the slow economic circumstance in 2009, LG Electronics IT business in Middle East and Africa (MEA) was quite successful by making 5% growth from 2008. This success was possible [...]

Tags:

LG Electronics (LG), announced today that its 2009 IT Business performance and 2010 IT Business strategies along with the new range of IT products.

IT MEA Press Conference LG IMAGE ONE

“Even during the slow economic circumstance in 2009, LG Electronics IT business in Middle East and Africa (MEA) was quite successful by making 5% growth from 2008. This success was possible mainly thanks to our continuous efforts on customer insight based marketing activities. It was true that the consumers were quite conservative in purchasing IT products. However, we acquired the precious experience that we could get more customers’ mind with the brilliant in-store communication and differentiated value propositioning” said Mr. H.S. Paik, President of LG Electronics Gulf FZE.

“In 2010, along with more positive outlook on MEA economy, LG will aim to achieve 20% growth by executing more differentiated marketing activities and launching various and new products in LCD monitor, Notebook, projector, External Hard Disk Drive and Digital Signage products”

In 2009, LG Electronics is making remarkable business growth in LCD Monitor Business by increasing its market share from 23% to 32% in MEA region, roaring No.1 Position continuously.

In Digital Storage Device business, as the 11 year consecutive global market share no.1 player, LG Electronics is securing 36% market share in MEA and has communicated new concept products such as Blu-ray External Drive for PC users.

Empowered by its stylish Netbook line up and differentiated design Notebook line up, LG Electronics is increasing market share of Laptop PC business in UAE, Turkey and South Africa.

Led by World brightest LED Projectors, LG Electronics is making 17% growth in projector business, which is remarkable when considering the market demand of projectors is decreasing due to the conservative IT budget spending in B2B segment.

Despite of its late entrance in the market, LG Electronics’ External Hard Disk Drive business is growing by 70% compared to last year.

“The new products to be introduced today will be the key products for us to make another successful business performance. These products equipped with the LG’s leading technology and stylish design sense will satisfy the various customer needs in this market” emphasized Mr. H.S. Paik, President of LG Electronics Gulf FZE.
At GITEX 2009, all new IT products of LG Electronics such as LED Monitor, Color POP Monitor, LED Projector H102G, Multi Media Hard Drive XF1, 8X Blu-ray Drives and New Notebook X80 Series with Windows 7 platform, will be introduced to MEA customers.


About

Abbas Jaffar Ali is the founder of tbreak.com and a blogger, geek and self-declared tech pundit who can't stop talking about technology. Find him on twitter as @ajaffarali

Comments
  • Brad

    L Have increased there LCD monitor business to 32% in the MEA region, but what has happened to the other market players? What is the full break down of the rest of the 68%?

Most Read
Most Commented
Competitions
Win two Toshiba AT200 tablets

This festive season Toshiba has 2 tablets to giveaway.

Win an MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 Motherboard

Thanks to MSI we have an great AMD FM2 motherboard to giveaway.

Win a Nokia Asha 311

Thanks to Nokia we have a great entry-level smartphone to giveaway.