Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, launched today an all-in-one, and easy to install SSDNow V “value” Series solid-state drive (SSD) solution, targeted specifically to everyday users and small and medium businesses (SMBs). The Kingston® SSDNow V Series kits, available in 128GB and 64GB capacities, offer instant performance gains [...]
Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, launched today an all-in-one, and easy to install SSDNow V “value” Series solid-state drive (SSD) solution, targeted specifically to everyday users and small and medium businesses (SMBs). The Kingston® SSDNow V Series kits, available in 128GB and 64GB capacities, offer instant performance gains and power consumption reductions on existing desktops and notebooks at a fraction of the cost of a new system.
“We are trying to garner mass-market adoption of SSDs by bundling together all of the software, hardware and step-by-step instructions in a couple of low-cost options aimed squarely at everyday users” said Antoine Harb, Business Development Manager for Kingston Technology in the Middle East. “The V Series upgrade kits are a perfect complement to our existing line of SSDNow products that target enterprise customers and power users.”
Kingston’s SSDNow V Series upgrade kits are the easiest, most efficient upgrade path to inject new life and performance into one’s existing desktop PC. There is no need to reload the operating system or do anything that would alter critical data files. The included cloning software and step-by-step instructions make it simple to move the contents of one’s existing hard-disk drive (HDD) to the SSDNow. Once cloned, the OS and applications reside on the SSDNow while the HDD serves as storage for data such as music, videos, files and photos.
Notebook users will also experience the benefits of higher performance on everyday functions as well as less heat generation, and ruggedness as the SSDNow contains no moving parts. The notebook upgrade kit comes with an external enclosure, which lets users retain their original hard drive and allow for additional external storage.
Based on an internal suite of benchmark tests, users can expect to see an overall drive improvement of approximately 50% over existing regular desktops and notebooks hard-disk drives*.
The SSDNow V Series upgrade all-in-one kits include:
• Kingston SSDNow V Series solid-state drive
• Acronis® True Image cloning software and CD installation guide
• 3.5″ mounting brackets and hardware (desktop kit only)
• SATA data and power cable extenders (desktop kit only)
• 2.5″ USB SATA external enclosure (notebook kit only)
During COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2009, Kingston will demonstrate the V Series as well as other products on June 5, 2009, from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., local time, at Brown Sugar Jazz Club. The address is: No. 101, Sungren Road., Shinyi District, Taipei City, 106 Taiwan.
The SSDNow V Series kits are backed by a three-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. It is available via ramped regional rollout to selected channels worldwide. For more information visit www.kingston.com/europe
• Kingston SSDNow V Series images available on flickr!
Kingston SSDNow V Series Features and Specifications:
• Fast: up to 100MB/sec. read**
• Performance: enhances productivity; makes users more efficient
• Form Factor: 2.5″; uses NAND Flash memory components
• Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving mechanical parts
• Reliable: less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
• Shock Resistant: no moving parts so the SSD handles rougher conditions than a hard drive
• Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
• Guaranteed: backed by a three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
• Capacity**: 64GB, 128GB
• Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
• Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
• Vibration operating: 2.17 G (7–800Hz)
• Vibration non-operating: 20 G (20–2000Hz)
• Power specs: 128GB Active: 2.5W (TYP); Sleep: 0.45W (TYP)
64GB Active: 2.0W (TYP); Sleep: 0.45W (TYP)
• Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
Price for the 64GB is US$149 and for the 128GB is $263