Style-minded people who place a premium on precision craftsmanship and design can now add Adamo to their list of must-have items for 2009. Dell today unveiled the world’s thinnest laptop as a kick off to the new Adamo by Dell brand. Adamo, derived from the Latin word meaning “to fall in love,” will serve as [...]
Style-minded people who place a premium on precision craftsmanship and design can now add Adamo to their list of must-have items for 2009. Dell today unveiled the world’s thinnest laptop as a kick off to the new Adamo by Dell brand.
Adamo, derived from the Latin word meaning “to fall in love,” will serve as a flagship in a line of products created to disrupt the personal computing space with the combination of new design aesthetics, personalisation choices and sought-after technologies.
Adamo is the pinnacle of craftsmanship and design and features:
• A chassis milled from a single piece of aluminum featuring precision detailing and a scalloped backlit keyboard
• Striking high definition edge-to-edge glass display
• Fully connected with WiFi, Bluetooth™ and optional integrated mobile broadband* and full complement of connectivity ports with no compromises
• Cool, quiet and robust solid state drives
• Available in Onyx and Pearl colours with a broad range of complementary accessories
• Price starting at AED 6999
“Great design needs to be timeless and evoke emotion in people”, said Alex Gruzen, senior vice president of Dell’s consumer products. ”While a premium computing experience was assumed for Adamo, the intent was for people to see, touch and explore Adamo and be rewarded by the select materials and craftsmanship you would expect in a fine watch.”
“Dell continues to signal a commitment to design and personalization across its entire product line and has made significant strides forward in the past year,” said Rob Enderle, Principal Analyst, Enderle Group. “The Adamo laptop is a showcase for this commitment and a flagship product that will draw buyers to the brand.”
People who choose Adamo will be offered a unique colour matched collection of Adamo by Dell branded peripherals and accessories. Choices will include:
• External storage option with 250GB** or 500GB** external hard drive.
• External DVD+/-RW or Blu-ray DiscTM drive.
• 8GB** USB drive (available later this spring).
• Connectors and cables including DisplayPort to HDMI, DVI, and VGA.
• Adamo Premium Service:
o 24/7 access to Dell’s best trained technicians
o Next Business Day onsite service
The Adamo by Dell brand is being supported by innovative and new approaches to marketing and promotion for Dell. Designed to challenge people’s perceptions of what a computer is, the Adamo by Dell brand was inspired by fashion, luxury brands and timeless design.
• Intel® Core 2 Duo processors with Intel® Centrino® technology
• DDR3 system memory
• 13.4-inch 16:9 HD display
• Draft-Wireless N
• High-performance solid state drives standard
• Bluetooth 2.1
• Mobile Broadband* option
• Up to 5+ hours of battery life (preliminary)***
• 2 USB ports, 1 USB/eSATA combo port, Display Port, RJ-45 port
• Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1, 64-bit
Available for pre-order today at www.adamobydell.com and shipping worldwide on March 26, 2009, Adamo will be available online for purchase in 24 countries including U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, U.K. France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, ANZ, China, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Malaysia/Singapore, Japan, and Indonesia. It will launch in Russia in April.