Beyond Good & Evil 2 Not Cancelled

By on June 1, 2010

Ubisoft denies alleged cancellation of the project due to creator’s departure.

Share this Article





   

First Impressions
My reaction is

Ubisoft has denied reports claiming that Michel Ancel, creator of Rayman and Beyond Good & Evil, has left the company, confirming that the much awaited sequel to BG&E is still in the works.

The rumor of Ancel’s departure started doing the rounds last week were it was said that he left to set up his own studio, and that Beyond Good & Evil 2 had to be cancelled as a result.

An Ubisoft representative told Eurogamer, “There are no changes on the horizon.” When asked if that means BG&E2 is still in development, the representative replied, “Yes.”

Well, if that’s the case, we sure hope to see more of the game at this year’s E3 which is about to start in the next 2 weeks. All we have seen of the game is one small teaser trailer, and a leaked CGI footage from the game which shows Jade escaping pursuers through a level apparently based in India.


About

Mufaddal Fakhruddin is the Editor for IGN ME and thinks writing in third person about himself in an about me section is weird.

More News
Comments

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/sites/t/tbreak.com/public_html/megamers/wp-content/themes/meg2010/sidebar_category.php on line 7
Most Read
Most Commented