New Red Fact: Guerrilla Patch Released
New patch introduces v-sync option, DX9-10 selection and gameplay fixes.
THQ and Volition released a new patch for the PC version of their destruct-a-ton action adventure Red Faction: Guerrilla. The patch contains the following improvements:
- DirectX 9 or 10 selection will now be available using the “-nod3d10″ launcher parameter.
- Fine Aim can now be toggled at any time except for sprinting.
- An option for “V-Sync” will be added to the “Options” menu.
- Fixed an issue with weapon selection sticking.
- Fixed Siege and Damage Control target indicators so they will now stay in their proper positions within 16:10 resolutions.
- Fixed an error in the resolution list where previously only 16 resolutions could be shown at once.
- Fixed an error where an “Enter” hint was being displayed during auto-saving.
- Windows 7 / Vista speed-up issue has been corrected.
- Launcher will now default to “Normal” priority instead of “Above Normal”.
- Turret sensitivity has been tweaked to feel more natural.
1. Download the patch Please ensure that you download and install only the appropriate files for the region of your version of the game as listed below.
2. Extract the “Content” directory from the downloaded file. This will have all of files required for the patch, which include a .exe, a .msi, and a .cab file.
3. Run the .exe file within that directory, and it will install the patch.
4. Load up the game and play. Your version should now be 18.104.22.168 (Vista / 7) or 22.214.171.124 (XP)
You can download the patch (105MB) from here.