NHL 2007 Fact Sheet
Detailed information on the features of another addition to the NHL series.
NHL 07 features new responsive controls and drastic improvements in graphics that represent a watershed for the best-selling hockey game franchise.
Never take your hands off the analog sticks as you take complete command of every movement on the ice with a revolutionary new Skill Stick system. This intuitive gameplay scheme delivers an unparalleled sense of on-ice speed and control as you direct virtually every player movement. Using the left stick to direct your lower body, and the right to control the upper, you will attain a level of fluidity only experienced on the ice. Skate into the zone and glide around your defenders, while bringing your stick across your body and drawing it back to fire a slapshot – all without touching a button.
Know the skills of your players from the behaviors of their real-life counterparts with new Player-Specific Behaviors. Be a Sniper and rip one from the slot, make pylons out of the defense as a Dangler, or use your size and strength to dominate the crease as a Power Forward.
Off the ice, act as the General Manager in an enhanced Dynasty Mode. Do whatever it takes to meet an owner’s expectations by properly managing rosters and using your creativity to fit player salaries under the new cap.
Whether you’re running the front office or dominating the rink, NHL 07 on the Xbox 360 is the most realistic hockey video game ever created.
• Skill Stick Revolution—Never take your hands off the sticks with the enhanced Skill Stick. Snap the right stick forward for a quick wrister, pull it back to wind up for a slapper, move it left and right to deke defenders and goalies. For the first time ever -The right stick IS your hockey stick.
• Huge AI Enhancements—A revamped skating, deking, and shooting engine, plus strategic AI and puck physics improvements. Add a new animation system and overhauled goalie AI to create the closest thing to playing on the ice.
• All-New Player-Specific Behaviors—NHL 07 players act like their real-life counterparts more than ever with seven different player types. Including Danglers, Grinders, Playmakers, Snipers, Power Forwards, Offensive Defensemen, and Defensive Defensemen.
• Fresh Commentary—The all-star duo of Gary Thorne and Bill Clement call all the action with a fresh television broadcast style that focuses on star player and team rivalries. Storylines are introduced pre-game and change after every big hit, and momentum-swinging goal.
• Live the Life of a GM—Negotiate contracts and fit salaries under the cap in Dynasty Mode. Shrewd trades and smart free agent signings are now the key to your success in the new NHL.
• Player Leveling—Game experience and success on the ice molds your young players into the superstars of tomorrow and maintains the spirit of your older veterans.
• Realistic Detail—See the stick flex on every slap shot, or a netminder looking a puck into his glove on a big save. The goalie’s pads even remain flush to the ice when he butterflies.
• Vision Control— Strafe the blueline on a power play or create space from the defender while still seeing the entire ice. Hold the right trigger and you will always face up ice. Couple this with the Skill Stick and you’ll have enjoy 100% control of your player.
• The Most Exciting Play in Sports Returns—Nothing matches the pressure and intensity of a shootout. With the puck on your stick, and the game on the line, you can become an instant hero by beating the goalie one-on-one.