Counter-Strike: Global Offensive latest beta update adds a special version of de_dust2
Also fixes reported bugs, adds new guns in addition to popular map cs_italy.
The beta for Valve’s shooter Counter Strike: Global Offensive is still ongoing and here’s the developer throwing another update that should make the testing experience a little smoother.
Aside from addressing some of the bugs, the major beta changes feature the addition of classic map cs_italy in addition to a special version of de_dust2. Newly added weapons include the Famas, Galil AR, P250 and Dual Berettas. The Demolition mode has also been updated, adding slightly longer sessions consisting of two 10 round halves.
Full patch notes below.
- Added St. Marc to Demolition mode.
- Added and set quick match to cs_Italy
- Added de_dust2_se.
- New weapons: Famas, Galil AR, P250, Dual Berettas
- Demolition mode update: match now consists of two 10 round halves
- Weapon progression updated
o CTs: m4a4, p90, ump45, deagle, nova, fiveseven, hkp2000, ssg08, awp, awp
o Ts: ak47, p90, bison, deagle, nova, tec9, glock, ssg08, awp, awp
- Added My Awards – Achievements & Stats
- Updated alerts animation
- Games with a half-time now display that it’s the last round before halftime
- Fixed final round not being called out in games with two halves
- Fixed player getting a weapon upgrade on the last round before half-time/teamswap
- Fixed some bugs where involving bot takeover scenarios
- Fixed death message icon order – not penetration icon show up before the headshot so it makes sense in chronological order
- Fixed some bad defusing text when spectating
- Fixed “YOU ARE ON TEAM” panels not fading out properly
- Fixed same panels not toggling visibility properly when toggling the scoreboard
- When a CT is defusing, his ID shows the defuse icon now
- Fixed scoreboard not showing from team selection menu
- Restored ability to see when you unlocked an achievement on PC
- Along with the hint, weapons now click when you change modes
- Fix to not display the cash award message in the following cases:
o The round just prior to halftime has ended.
o It is not currently halftime
o It is not the last round of the match (including the clinch victory early situation)
- Space bar now changes camera mode and navigation text has been updated accordingly
- Update to Match Set Up screen
- Fix for PC video settings defaulting to COUCH
- Modified “Playing on Team…” panel.
- Visual update to mini-scoreboard
o Fix bug that allowed player to hop near wall and see into inaccessible area – replaced some nodraw brushes with textures to help fix these holes.
o Fixed bug where player clip limits jumping -removed player clip that was preventing them from jumping the full height.
- Dust 2
o Fixed bug where player can toss bomb out of reach.
o Fixed bug where clip preventing jumping.
o Fixed bug where player was able to see out of map. -added some simple tops to this geometry.
o Fixed bug where player can hop near wall and see into inaccessible area.
o Fixed bug where clip limits jumping.
o Tree models were optimized
o Fixed bug where player gets stuck on the physics prop model of lumber, changed this to static props
[* Increased the fade distance at which some of the bushes fade
o Nav fixes
o Fixed being able to get stuck between rock & shed.
o Adjusted start position of the upstairs doors into the bedroom and bathroom so there is better flow into those spaces.
o Adjusted some tree cards in the skybox, and perimeter.
o Pulled out a couple unneeded tree models in the 3dskybox to help with perf.
o Draw distance for the floaties in the water seems too near.
o Adjusted fog per community feedback.
o Tightened up collision volumes for Inferno Objects bomb crate, bomb crate stack, and bomb tanks
- Disabled unused sound entries. Adding back in two sets of bullet surface impacts.
- Added semi
- auto to auto switch sound.
- Ambient sound adjustments for dust, dust2, and Italy.
- Sound effects tuning.
- Pulled down volume of ammo pickup that’s played at round start.
- Pulled bell attenuation back to normal levels, only hear in and around terrorist spawn, no longer level wide.
- Increased life on helicopter from 15 to 25 seconds, for chopper fade out.
- UI timer click down to .35 volume.
- Grenade visibility – added self illum to colored stripe on thrown flashbang.
- Tune effect for the C4′s flashing indicator light.
- Removed forearm slap, times and remixed clip out wave
- Tune Terrorist run
- Work on the arms and weapon.
- Fix crouch fire leg wiggle in Terrorist aim
- Fix for crouchwalk finger popping, found that stand had a sliding finger, now stabilized in Terrorist aim
Other Bug Fixes:
- Fix for spawning inside another player after halftime.
- Fixing CSM entity related bug that could cause CSM shadows to be disabled when toggling between fullscreen and windowed when connected to a dedicated server.
- Fixing red console errors with props that were set to use VPhysics, but have no collision hull.
- Fixed bug where the main menu could be clicked through the custom game menu (resulting in both being drawn)
- Cleaned up warnings in single player screen
- Contact (0)