Borderlands 2′s Claptrap writes a love letter to the PC
Promises to change.
Claptrap could be an adorable contraption if not for his hooky behavior. He shares a solid relationship with the PC, but his loose nuts describes his character quite well.
But he promises to change. He is making Borderlands 2 and he wants to start all over again. Quite amazingly, since he is a machine, he has written a well-scripted love letter to the PC, describing the…umm.. benefits and…umm, the features that will it bring into the relationship.
He has decided to share that love letter with the Internet, copiously declaring his love like only a machine can.
Those at work with cruel administrators blocking image loading, this is a romanticized way of Gearbox apologizing for the sloppy PC port for the first game. They are promising tailored-made-for-the-PC features for Borderlands 2. They are:
- FOV Slider
- 100% mouse-usable menus
- Remappable key bindings
- PC specific UI
- Native multiplayer matchmaking
- Push to talk
- Logitech Keyboard support (by this they mean support for the tiny LCD screens fitted into Logitech’s gaming keyboards – I have one, so that’s pretty sweet)
- LAN support, including offline mode
- Control pad support
- V-sync option
- Support for higher resolution
- Mouse smoothing options (can be disabled – why would anyone require this?)
- Cloud save support
- Friends list
- No port forwarding required