BioWare fixes SWTOR’s ability delay bug
Now you can really blame it on lag.
BioWare has pushed out a tiny patch for Star Wars: The Old Republic that fixes the game’s ability lag bug, among other gameplay and performance issues.
The ability delay is basically an in-game lag that executes a command long after the button for it has been pressed. Unfortunately, the bug as not been completely squashed, but does “significatly” improve the delay, according to combat designer Georg Zoller. This will be addressed in future updates.
Here’s the complete changelog:
- Implemented optimizations to improve performance on Republic and Imperial Fleets.
Classes and Combat
- Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations.
- Operations will no longer allow more than 16 Operations Group members to enter concurrently.
- Operations Groups will no longer be forced to reset the Operation if the group wipes when attempting to defeat G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator.
- Fixed an exploit that would allow players to repeatedly loot the chest after defeating Jarg and Sorno.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that could cause graphical inconsistencies, which most often manifested as random screen “flickering.”