Dell launches Alienware X51 desktop
Gives you flavor of Alienware at a budget.
While Dell’s Alienware series is known worldwide for providing bleeding edge hardware in some of the most exquisite designs on laptops and desktops, they are also known for being very expensive. Of course, with competition these prices come down, but as the years roll by, new products also enter the global arena for hot gaming hardware. Last night, and after many days of teasing, Dell finally unveiled the Alienware X51 gaming desktop.
The X51 is to Alienware’s flagship desktop, the Aurora, as the M11x is to the M18x laptop. It’s designed to be small and affordable, while packing in enough hardware to provide a decent gaming experience.
Measuring just 13.5 x 12.5 x 3.7 inches, the X51 weighs a mere 5.5kgs. Obviously the small form factor means the hardware inside doesn’t exactly have a lot of room for beefy components, but what’s inside is pretty impressive nonetheless. Thing is, the X51 comes with a 240 watts PSU, so you’re not going to get a lot of options for powerful graphics cards, but even the option GTX 555, which is just a handicapped GTX 560 is pretty decent for 1080p gaming at medium to high settings on all modern games.
Dell claims that the X51 will be completely user-upgradeable if people want to tinker around with it. Starting price for the system is $699, which is the same as the M11x laptop. Given how the other Alienware products are handled here, expect the X51 to come here in the next 4 to 5 months, starting around AED 3k.
Alienware X51 Product Specifications:
- Intel Core i3 Dual Core (standard) and Intel Core i5 and i7 Quad Core Processor Options
- Intel H61 Express Chipset Architecture
- Mini-ITX Motherboard
- Powerful NVIDIA Graphics Card Options
- 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 (Standard)
- 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555
- Configure with up to 8GB of DDR3 Memory (4GB Standard); 2x 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Slots
- Fast 7,200RPM 1TB Hard Drive
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
- Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (Standard) or optional Blu-ray Disc Reader
- Internal High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio with Waves MAXX Audio Software
- Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet NIC and Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Wireless LAN (standard)
- USB 2.0 (6x); USB 3.0 (2x); Microphone In; Headphone/Speaker Out; HDMI 1.4 Output; RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet; Front, Rear and Center Speaker Ports; SPDIF Digital Output (TOSLINK); SPDIF Digital Output (Coax)
- Alienware 240 Watt Power Supply (Standard) or optional 330 Watt Power Supply
- Dual-orientation tower system dimensions: h: 13.5” (343mm) x w: 3.74” (95mm) x d: 12.52” (318mm)
- Starting Weight: 12.1 lbs. (5.49 Kg.)
- Contact (0)