Kingdoms of Amalur demo rewards players with items for Mass Effect 3, vice versa
Cross-promotion brainstorming at its finest.
EA found an interesting yet weird way to cross promote its upcoming titles Kingdoms of Amalur and Mas Effect 3. Demos for both games are scheduled to arrive soon, and the publisher says that players who try out both RPGs will be rewarded with unlockable content for use in each game.
Playing the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo when it launches on January 17 will net you exclusive items that will be transferred to the full release of Mass Effect 3. All items are designed by comic book artist Todd McFarlene. Commander Shepard due to garner both items below.
- Reckoner Knight Armor: This armor will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed–up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity.
- The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs. This weapon is earned after completing the Reckoning demo and watching the trailer at the end.
You can expect the following items in Reckoning as well.
- Twist of Fate Card: This card boosts the player’s ice resistance and is immediately unlocked when he or she activates the Reckoning demo using his or her Origin account.
- Twinned Souls Chakram: A unique weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana in Reckoning.
- The Infernal Helm: Unlocked after completing the Reckoning Tutorial Mode, this protective helmet increases players’ fire damage throughout Amalur.
Mass Effect 3 will have a demo that offers a glimpse at the single-player and multiplayer portions of the action RPG. While there’s no specific release date for the demo yet, it’s expected to drop before the launch of Kingdoms of Amalurs: Reckoning on February 6. Playing the demo will unlock these items in Reckoning.
- N7 Armor: Players can unlock special armor inspired by Commander Shepard’s iconic N7 battle armor including Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Chausses and Greaves.
- Omni-blade Daggers: A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard’s Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat. Once players install and play the Mass Effect 3 demo, they will unlock the daggers.