Crysis 2 patch 1.9 detailed, DirectX 11 update dated
API update, high-res textures pack and more out next week.
The long-awaited DirectX 11 update for the PC version of sci-fi shooter Crysis 2 launches next week on June 27, developer Crytek has confirmed.
Community manager at the MyCrysis forums Cry-Tom has outlined the notes for the next patch. The update will feature an optional download of high-res textures package, alongside the highly-anticipated DirectX 11 upgrade for those who own the proper platforms, with all the bells and whistles added and tweaked such as hardware tessellation, parallax occlusion mapping and lots of other engine overhauls.
DirectX 11 news alongside a batch of first screenshots of the update have leaked earlier, but now Crytek has kindly made it official, with full patch notes as seen below.
- Added Contact Shadows
- Added DX11 benchmark level
- Added DX11 support for Crysis 2
- Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- High Quality HDR Motion Blur
- Realistic Shadows with Variable Penumbra
- Sprite Based Bokeh Depth of Field
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping
- Particles Motion Blur, Shadows and Art Updates
- Water Rendering improvements and using Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- Added Realtime Local Reflections
- Added support for Higher Res Textures Package
- Added various new console variables to whitelist
- Fixed bullet penetration, which had been broken by a bug introduced with the DLC 2 patch
- Fixed issue in MP where player stats weren’t always saved at the end of a game
- Fixed issue in MP where player stats would sometimes randomly reset
- Fixed issue with MP time played statistic, which would sometimes be too low on leaderboards and in stats
- Fixed issue with JAW rocket not firing through window’s containing broken glass
- Fixed rare issue where a user could not access MP with a valid CD key if they had previously used an invalid CD key
- Improved advanced graphics options menu
- Improved anti-cheat measurements: fixed exploit which could prevent vote kicking working against a user
- Improved multi-GPU support
- Improved Tone Mapping
- Re-added possibility to enable r_StereoSupportAMD via config file (unsupported)
- Contact (0)