Sony announces a price cut for PSP in the US
Starting February 27, price down to $129.99. New titles inbound as well.
Sony has just announced that on February 27 it will slit $40 off the price of the PlayStation Portable in North America. Hence, the new price tag for the portable device will be $129.99.
SCEA’s senior vice president of sales, Tim Bender, commented: “The PSP system set the standard for complete portable entertainment and continues to be the premiere destination for gamers on-the-go.”
“Nearly six years after its initial launch, demand for the PSP remains strong. This new price point enables us to broaden the PSP platform to a larger group of consumers who are looking for best-in-class handheld entertainment.”
In addition to the price cut, the company also revealed that 13 new games will be assimilated into the handheld’s ‘Favorites’ ($9.99) and ‘Greatest Hits’ ($19.99) budget ranges.
* Assassin’s Creed Bloodlines (Ubisoft)
* DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (Square Enix)
* LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
* Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Konami)
* Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
* Resistance: Retribution
* Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Disney)
* Crisis Core Final Fantasy II (Square Enix)
* Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Capcom)
* Killzone: Liberation
* SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fire Team Bravo
* Tomb Raider Anniversary (Square Enix)
The announced promotions were lashed with a new marketing video which you can view below.
- Contact (0)